We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mr. Bs, Irenes, or Muriels

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Augusta, Maine
Level Contributor
203 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Mr. Bs, Irenes, or Muriels

Trying to choose 2 places ( 1 Anniversary, 1 DH bday). Don't want to get all dressed up. I wouldn't mind a dress, but DH probably nice shorts and button up shirt and loafers. Does that rule any of these out?

Mitchell, South...
Level Contributor
2,744 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mr. Bs, Irenes, or Muriels

Wore polo shirt and shorts to all of these places in last three months without a problem.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,585 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mr. Bs, Irenes, or Muriels

no problem unless you dress like SoDakMac new TA picture.

Augusta, Maine
Level Contributor
203 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mr. Bs, Irenes, or Muriels

so funny

no cosumes for us

These restaurants sound like upscale food, but with a more relaxed atmosphere

That was my reason for choosing these three, so I will have to narrow it down to 2

Schulenburg, Texas
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mr. Bs, Irenes, or Muriels

I've been to Muriel's and Mr. B.'s. Both are very good, but I much prefer Muriel's for the quality of the food as well as the atmosphere. You are correct; it is upscale but comfortable and relaxed.

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
15,270 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mr. Bs, Irenes, or Muriels

We went to Muriels for our snniversary and had a wonderful dinner. It did seem like most of the men had long pants on though - DH wore twill trousers and a short-sleeved linen shirt. He fit right in.

Augusta, Maine
Level Contributor
203 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mr. Bs, Irenes, or Muriels

Mr. Bs bbq shrimp look sooo good though!

We are going to be renting a condo at Hotel Provencial and I think Irene's Cuisine is super close which would be nice for our anniversary dinner. Our anniversary is our arrival da, so it will be a long day.

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
15,270 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mr. Bs, Irenes, or Muriels

Yes Irenes is very close - you walk by it practically every time you leave the hotel. The dmell of garlic bread is heavenly. It was on our list last time, but we were there for FQF, so we didn't eat many restaurant meals, so we never made it in there.

Augusta, Maine
Level Contributor
203 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mr. Bs, Irenes, or Muriels

of course they all seem quite close

I might just have to do all 3

we will be there for a week, so we have time

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mr. Bs, Irenes, or Muriels

I believe you've just answered your own question, Stacy. I'd suggest doing Mr. B's for lunch because you can still get that delicious BBQ Shrimp and their Gumbo YaYa, the prices are a little more reasonable than the dinner menu and they have those great drink specials.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,088 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mr. Bs, Irenes, or Muriels

I've never been to Mr. B's, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Irene's and Muriel's! Irene's is about a 2 minute walk from the hotel (if you walk really slowly!) and Muriel's is about 4 minutes! Both are amazing--upscale but relaxed! There's usually a wait at Irene's but there's a piano bar in back where you can have a drink and relax if waiting for a table. Irene's opens at 5:30 (so get there early and wait in line!) and I don't know what day you arrive but they're closed on Sunday, in case that's your arrival day.

Edited: 29 October 2013, 10:41