We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day 8, October 20th, our last day…

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,112 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic

We had coffee with Kimmie and CinnaMom, then she went into pack, leaving me, Den and Kimmie alone for the first time on the trip! We opted for breakfast and after debate between Johnny’s and Stanley’s, we opted to eat at Vacherie! So the 3 of us headed out around 8 and started walking. We were actually so lost in conversation, we walked 2 blocks PAST Vacherie and had to turn around and go back! LOL! When we walked in, bobbyvegas was having breakfast with Rebecca (a new Floker met at the Provincial!) but they were indoors and we wanted to be outdoors, so we went to the patio and sat by the fountain. Our server Shaunda was lovely! We all ordered eggs benedict which was served promptly, and with extra Hollandaise! The meal was as fabulous as last time! We raved to Shaunda about how much we liked it, and when she came back, she broght a blueberry muffin, a cookie, and some banana bread from Erika in the deli as a “special treat”. Amazing place! Soulcat said she had dinner there the night before and it was equally as amazing! I’ve heard they make GREAT fried chicken!!! We left around 9:30, and opted to try Little Vic’s again, since it was our last day-it was now or never! THEY HAD CANNOLI’S!!!! So I got one to split (we all just wanted a bite). Meh…not what I imagined. Den, Kimmie and I all worked together at a place called “The Italian Bakery” here in Toronto. These cannoli’s didn’t hold a candle to ours. I was disappointed. Den had the coconut gelato tho and fell head over heels in love with it! I tried a bite, but I’m not a big fan of coconut (except in pina coladas!) so it was good, but nothing I’d ever crave. At least I finally got my cannoli!

So we walked around the Quarter, stopping in whatever shop caught our fancy, then down to Latrobe Park and over to the French Market. Den and Kim wanted to go into the Flea Market at the back…I get WAY too claustrophobic in there, so I waited outside while they looked around, then we all headed back to the Provincial to check out early and leave our bags. We had a noon M&G for the final goodbye drink at Pat’s scheduled, but we figured we’d go an hour early! Coachdog, SO, and bobbyvegas & Rebecca showed up about a half hour later, then Highway 61 (who also showed at our first M&G at EGN the previous Sunday!) I went to check on Mom’s ashes and even TWO heavy downpours didn’t wash them away! They may be on those leaves permanently! :) By noon, Rodent and cate (with DH’s in tow) showed up along with tinywings and DH, jlr and DH, InA1a, DH, BFF, cinnimin, cinniMom, Kat, TakeMe2Nola…soon, we had a whole courtyard full of Flokers. Sachabear even stopped in to say hi. We must have had 5 or 6 drinks each, and I ended the day by buying 2 rounds of shooters: the first B52’s, the second, Blow Jobs. They were great!

At about 2:20, we finally left Pat’s at stopped at Willie’s chicken shack for one more wing, and got back to the Provincial at 2:35. The cab (they said) had been waiting for 15 minutes, but I said 2:30, so we were only 5 minutes late. Grabbed bags, more goodbyes, and into the cab. Uneventful ride to the airport. We ate a wrap and some cheesecake there since the wiener stand is gone (or moved) and before long, they called our flight for boarding.

I’m sure there’s lots I’ve missed…little things that will seem important later, but the only true importance is being in NOLA with the Flok!

Goodbye NOLA, goodbye dear Flokers, old and new. See you next time!!! And I love you all!!

Schulenburg, Texas
Level Contributor
1,828 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day 8, October 20th, our last day…

What a finale! B52s and BlowJobs :) I wish we could have stayed for the duration of FF3, but there's no way in h-e-double-q that we could have kept up the pace....lol. Great reports!!!

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day 8, October 20th, our last day…

A good time was had by all!!!!!!!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
449 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day 8, October 20th, our last day…

Yeah, my liver hurts just reading about all of this fun!.....haha

Bossier City, LA
Level Contributor
2,893 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day 8, October 20th, our last day…

Thank you for all the reports. I have loved reading them. There is no way DH and I are missing this next year.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,587 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day 8, October 20th, our last day…

Vacherie has some good alligator bites also...we had such a good time there mixing with the next table at the last flokfest and having specialty drinks by Goldie in the bar...we hope to get in for a few days for reveillon meals and Christmas festivities..hearing the reports make me want to figure out the time to get back soon.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,583 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Day 8, October 20th, our last day…

It was bittersweet that day to say the least. Saying goodbyes is hard for me but the sweetness of all the memories made with new friends in the city that care forgot will be stamped on my heart forever. Bravo Deny and Herm for your champion efforts and adieu for now my fellow Flokers. Until we meet again. Bobby. FFL

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,634 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day 8, October 20th, our last day…

It sure was a sad day saying goodbye to everybody because you were all so wonderful and sweet! I too can't wait to do it again next year!

I do have to say that coconut gelato at Little Vics was soooooooooooo good! I will definitely hit that place again for that. I wasn't too impressed with the canoli either--even though it was covered in chocolate. Hopefully they'll make some plain ones next time!

Thoroughly enjoyed my eggs benedict at Vacherie. Last time even the potatoes were to die for--this time not so much. But it was fantastic all in all and we did enjoy sitting by their fountain while eating. The gift of the muffin, cookies etc was a very nice and very sweet surprise!

Can't wait to have you at FF4 BCLA! We did miss you and that good looking husband of yours. Hope all went fairly well for you in England. You guys were missed!

Edited: 04 November 2013, 11:53
Ottawa
Level Contributor
2,363 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day 8, October 20th, our last day…

I am now suffering severe cravings for the eggs benedict from Vacherie! What a wonderful time you had and thanks again for bringing me with you.

Karen

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,112 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day 8, October 20th, our last day…

maybe in 2014...we can bring you FOR REAL???? Breakfast at Vacherie together???

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day 8, October 20th, our last day…

I loved Vacherie....they sure do prepair a wonderful breakfast and being with Deny777 and Hermicane made the visit perfect. So glad we had the oppertunity to visit NOLA together. Love you ladies.