We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Monteleone

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Monteleone

Hi! We are two women who will be staying at the Monteleone from 11/30 - 12/4. I reserved a "Preferred Double Double". Since I do not know the layout, do you think we should make any special requests? I.e. view, etc. I do not think that they have a club floor or anything along those lines, am I correct? We are traveling without the guys, so we are living it up! LOL!

Bossier City, LA
Level Contributor
2,883 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Monteleone

I haven't stayed there but have stayed at a hotel in the next block but still on Royal St. I would ask for a room with a view of the river. Not only do you get a fantastic view of the Mississippi but you don't pick up the noise from Bourbon St.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
52,395 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Monteleone

I have multiple stays at the Monteleone and have never heard any noise from Bourbon Street, You've already made a good move by going for the preferred room; the regular rooms are pretty small. Other than asking for a river view I don't think there's that much difference between the rooms. Any potential upgrade to a suite would mean only one king bed.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Monteleone

I'd be more particular. They will not guarantee a particular room, but the Monteleone is both a customer-oriented hotel and a hotel of many room configurations and views. While the preferred room status will help a lot, why not check out the floor plan on one of the floor-plan sites like Room77.com, pick some favored views and send your requests. That way, at least if they have some availabilities, they will have on file the best rooms to match your needs. Check out views from rooms 1583 and 1584 for example on room77. Monteleone's location is one of the better ones to avoid Quarter noise but I usually turn on a sound machine (or sound phone ap) in NOLA to ensure we don't hear drunks or horse hooves deep in the night! Check this link:

https:/…

4. Re: Hotel Monteleone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2014, 05:17