We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve in New Orleans 2013/2014

Blue Springs...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
New Year's Eve in New Orleans 2013/2014

We are going to New Orleans for New Year's Eve and we're wondering is Bourbon street the place to be? We're on a budget and just want to have FREE fun! Do the bars charge an admission price on NYE?

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,112 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's Eve in New Orleans 2013/2014

Never having been on NYE, I can't say for certain but my guess would be that it doesn't change. Some require a one or two drink minimum, but hey, that's why you go in a bar in the first place, right? Hopefully someone who's been on NYE can answer more specifically!

Greenwood, Louisiana
Level Contributor
2,499 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's Eve in New Orleans 2013/2014

I was there last year for NYE, and no, most bars do not charge to get in. There are some that charge a cover all of the time, so they will. The action will be in Jackson Square where at midnight, a giant fleur de lis is dropped from the top of Jax Brewery, followed by fireworks over the Mississippi River. Tons of people everywhere. I would suggest making reservations if there is a particular restaurant you want to try.

Blue Springs...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year's Eve in New Orleans 2013/2014

Thanks so much for your response!!

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,364 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year's Eve in New Orleans 2013/2014

Here's the link to this years holiday events, restaurants, etc. Might give you some ideas, especially on free things to do (my favorite method of payment, free).

http://holiday.neworleansonline.com/

Wonder Lake, IL
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Year's Eve in New Orleans 2013/2014

Wandering on Bourbon gets very crowded after 10 pm. We were there last year and choose to back to our hotel for a bit then come back out right before midnight. Didn't go down by Jackson Square so don't know how the crowd was. The bars were hit or miss as to charging, some you could just wander in and out of, Good luck and be prepared for a good time!! We are heading down on the 29th to celebrate there again this year, last year was so much fun!!!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Year's Eve in New Orleans 2013/2014

I'm heading down for NYE with a group of 6 friends for a stag party. Where would the best venue/party be for us to break in the new year?

7. Re: New Year's Eve in New Orleans 2013/2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2014, 05:16