We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Three More Days!!!

Douglasville, GA
Level Contributor
288 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Three More Days!!!

I am so excited I can't stand it! I hope the weather's good for us. Plans are: Po Boy Festival, bar hopping, great music (thanks for the recommendations, magicspann!), cooking demonstration and whatever else floats our boat! Does anyone have any last minute recommendations?

Hubby and I need a break from the rat race. We're escaping our two teenagers and having some fun. A TR will be coming soon!

Oh, we are checking out Hotel St. Marie for this trip. We've never stayed in the FQ.

:)

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,132 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Three More Days!!!

duncmel, only 2 days now! Hope you have the most amazing time! You will LOVE staying in the Quarter!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,653 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Three More Days!!!

Have a fantastic time and enjoy everything! Can't wait for the TR that is to come :)

Douglasville, GA
Level Contributor
288 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Three More Days!!!

Thanks you guys-

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
279 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Three More Days!!!

Have a great trip!

Allentown...
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Three More Days!!!

Do you have room in your luggage for a stow-away? Nah, on second thought, I weigh much more than the 50 lb. limit. Wish I were going back; enjoy!

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Three More Days!!!

You are going to love staying in the Quarter, just being steps away from everything!!!

Douglasville, GA
Level Contributor
288 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Three More Days!!!

I wish I could take everyone with us! Any idea how we can survive in the expected downpours? I'm thinking I need my rain boots. Instead of bar hopping we might have to settle with one hop...lol!

Leaving in the morning!

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Three More Days!!!

This time of year is more "showers" than downpour. New Orleans is still fun in the rain -- so many bars and shops to duck into... Bring an umbrella, but rain boots shouldn't be necessary. Have fun!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,132 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Three More Days!!!

dance if it rains...and make sure you dance IN the rain! :)

Douglasville, GA
Level Contributor
288 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Three More Days!!!

I'm sure I'll be dancing. With a little al key haul in me, anything's possible!