We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm booked!!!

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
I'm booked!!!

Yippee! We decided just to "bite the bullet" and pay some ridiculous airfares..... but we'll be in NOLA once again over Christmas!!! I can already taste the eggs benedict and shrimp gumbo at the Vacherie for their Christmas morning/lunch buffet followed by our visit to St. Augustine's for an amazing Christmas mass. As usual, the other days will be filled with "wing-its", although ENG, Red Gravy, Clover Grill, Acme, Brothers, Pat O'Briens, Red Fish Grill, Krazy Korner, ....... gheeze.... never enough time for everything.... and those are just the usuals..... can we fit in something new???? I'm really hoping the weather co-operates and we can make it to City Park this year. This girl is in her happy place!!!!!

Karen

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,615 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm booked!!!

Alright Karen!!!!!!! Way to go! Hope you have a fantastic time in Nola! Where are you staying this time?

Paragould, AR
Level Contributor
35 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm booked!!!

Congrats on booking! We are going from 12/22-12/25 for our first visit. Not much time, but we plan to make the most of it and rest on the train ride home!

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
11,060 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm booked!!!

way to go, Karen!!! Your "wing it's" sound good to me! I know air fares are insane from Canada, but you bit the bullet and that's all you can do! Take care, have fun, and leave some time for October 2014!!!

FLOKTOBERFEST 4!!!!!

Edited: 29 November 2013, 01:27
Ottawa
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm booked!!!

Denny, we'll be there on the 22nd for 5 nights..... so excited I haven't booked the hotel yet LOL! It will probably be the St. Marie where we've stayed the last 3 visits, close to everything we love at Christmas. Thanks Momjeeps. Maybe we can meet up somewhere during your visit. You will love NOLA for the holiday. Where are you staying?

Karen

Paragould, AR
Level Contributor
35 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm booked!!!

Thanks Karen. That would be fun especially if you are an experienced NOLA visitor! :) we are staying outside the quarter at the Hilton Riverside. We are coming in on the Amtrak. Our four kids will be off in Arizona to visit my family. It's our first overnight trip without them in 7 years. I'm sooooo excited!

We arrive around 3:30pm the 22nd. That night we are going to wing it. The next morning we have a 10 am Free Tours by Foot scheduled and plan to grab some Beignets before that. Then we are thinking about doing the NO cooking school thing at 2pm but I haven't reserved yet. That night we are winging it again maybe rest up some and go out late, Pat Obriens that night if we didn't hit it already. Christmas Eve don't know either but at some point we want to do the Garden District and that night probably City Park for the lights.

Edited: 29 November 2013, 02:41
maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,132 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I'm booked!!!

Mom - We have done NOSOC several times and I am proud to say I now make some awesome gumbo and jambalya! It is entertaining and delicious and i would recommend going. The good thing as well is it is only a couple hours so does not take up your whole day.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I'm booked!!!

That's a girl! The he....l with the money! The advantage of booking a last minute trip, and not months and months ahead of time like I usually do, is that you don't have to wait long!

Paragould, AR
Level Contributor
35 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I'm booked!!!

Thanks for the input Karen. That's just enough to push me to book it!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I'm booked!!!

Wow, so happy to hear about it, Karen!!! :)

Let me know if you'd like to meet up.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I'm booked!!!

Rodent, I would love to meet up! Our schedule is really open since we like to wing-it.

Karen