We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm booked!!!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
2,368 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
I'm booked!!!

Yippee! We decided just to "bite the bullet" and pay some ridiculous airfares..... but we'll be in NOLA once again over Christmas!!! I can already taste the eggs benedict and shrimp gumbo at the Vacherie for their Christmas morning/lunch buffet followed by our visit to St. Augustine's for an amazing Christmas mass. As usual, the other days will be filled with "wing-its", although ENG, Red Gravy, Clover Grill, Acme, Brothers, Pat O'Briens, Red Fish Grill, Krazy Korner, ....... gheeze.... never enough time for everything.... and those are just the usuals..... can we fit in something new???? I'm really hoping the weather co-operates and we can make it to City Park this year. This girl is in her happy place!!!!!

Karen

Ottawa
Level Contributor
2,368 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: I'm booked!!!

You are so right Porelly... booking so late makes the excitement bigger I think. I hardly slept last night thinking about what has to be done in the next few weeks..... an early Christmas with my family who will be away when we are, followed by a trip to NOLA. Now I have to have a look and find out who is open on Christmas Eve, closed Christmas Day or vice versa.... to preserve my walking legs LOL!

Karen

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
26,784 posts
538 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: I'm booked!!!

I'm booked as well, I am soo excited. Have not been here since Memorial Day Weekend of 2009 my only time.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: I'm booked!!!

I'm booked too, Karen!!

It will be our first trip to New Orleans - flying in Christmas day and out New Years day. I've taken note of all of your restaurant recos although my list is far too long now for us to ever get to them all!!

Enjoy your trip!

Tych

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,369 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: I'm booked!!!

Just a suggestion, but I think all xmas NOLA's should get together for a beverage on may be xmas night or on boxing day.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
2,368 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: I'm booked!!!

That sounds like a wonderful idea Porelly. If anyone is keen, send me a PM and let's see what we can swing.

Karen

16. Re: I'm booked!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2014, 05:17