We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a suite 12/25 - 12/30 PLEASE HELP, time running short!

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Level Contributor
150 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need a suite 12/25 - 12/30 PLEASE HELP, time running short!

Hello!

My husband and I visited NOLA this past July 4th week, and had an amazing time! The people there are so friendly, and so much to do! Well, we've decided to go back and take our 22 year old daughter with us this time. We are looking for accommodations that have a separate living room area with a sofa bed for my daughter. She prefers to have her own "space" for talking on the phone, laptop use, etc.

Last time we stayed at the Windsor Court and it was terrific, as was the location! We had a suite for $199, but they are now in the $300-$400 range, which is out of the question. I'm having a hard time finding something in the same area, or closer to the French Quarter (not further than we were before). We can go to about $300 max with garage and taxes included. However, I don't want to pay that much for a "Holiday Inn", "Courtyard" etc. type hotel.

The only thing I've found so far is the Hilton Garden Inn (eh, prefer better) and Hilton St. Charles Ave (maybe further than we want to go, and not great reviews).

Any other suggestions would be so greatly appreciated. My time is running short!

Atlanta
Level Contributor
450 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a suite 12/25 - 12/30 PLEASE HELP, time running short!

Try quarterhouse.com. They are all suites and it has a great location.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,892 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a suite 12/25 - 12/30 PLEASE HELP, time running short!

Try Courtyard Iberville. The SUITE accommodations are VERY nice with door between bedroom and sitting room (with sofa bed), high def TVs, oversize step-in shower (no tub), wet bar, fridge and first class bed and bedding. And it's in the French Quarter. Shares building with the Ritz-Carlton. Not your typical Courtyard.

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Level Contributor
150 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a suite 12/25 - 12/30 PLEASE HELP, time running short!

Thank you both!

I really love the idea of the Quarterhouse (thank you Waldens) and was ready to book, but they don't have any availability. I was told to keep checking back as suites become available daily, so I'll do that. As far as the Courtyard is concerned, it wouldn't be my first choice, but I did make a reservation so that I am not shut out of everything all together, being that I am booking so late. So thank you Loophone for that suggestion! I booked the double king room with the divider. And you're right, it doesn't look like a typical Courtyard!

**I am still looking for suggestions, so any further recommendations would greatly be appreciated!**

Atlanta
Level Contributor
450 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need a suite 12/25 - 12/30 PLEASE HELP, time running short!

I have also stayed at the Courtyard Iberville several times. You will love the property. Location is pretty good too.

Mitchell, South...
Level Contributor
3,033 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need a suite 12/25 - 12/30 PLEASE HELP, time running short!

The Courtyard use to be the Iberville Suites and has always gotten good write ups. You will be in the Quarter within easy walking distance to some great restaurants, music etc. The Quarterhouse is a time share so I doubt there will be availability. Stick with Courtyard Iberville. Some of my favorite spots nearby: Nosh for breakfast, on Dauphine, Cajun Mike's on Baronne, which is just a continuation of Dauphine, Alibi on Iberville. These are all within a few blocks of your hotel and serve good food. Alibi open 24/7. Cajun Mike's for very good Bloody Mary's and pulled pork PoBoys.

Ledyard, Connecticut
Level Contributor
129 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need a suite 12/25 - 12/30 PLEASE HELP, time running short!

Try Hotel de la Monnaie--You can read reviews here on Trip Advisor. We are staying there for 2 weeks in January. Good luck!

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need a suite 12/25 - 12/30 PLEASE HELP, time running short!

We use suites for our family also and from time to time have switched locations in the city - we have stayed in Chimes BB in the Garden District in a loft type suite - not ideal but an interesting change. Makes you feel kind of like you live in New Orleans. Also the BW Courtyard BB in Marigny had similar loft apartment which we stayed in but I can't find it on their website.

8. Re: Need a suite 12/25 - 12/30 PLEASE HELP, time running short!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2014, 05:16