We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Joan of Arc/Twelfth Night parade (and King Cake?)

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
DC
Level Contributor
74 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Joan of Arc/Twelfth Night parade (and King Cake?)

We're coming down next week, mostly for a general visit but also to see the Joan of Arc parade on January 6. This is kind of a weird question, but...is it the sort of parade I'm most used to (where you stake out a spot and stay put) or the kind of parade where the crowd follows at the end?

Also, I'm looking forward to trying King Cake. Is it something I'll be able to get just a piece of at a bakery/coffee shop/restaurant or am I going to have to buy a whole one?

Thanks!

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Joan of Arc/Twelfth Night parade (and King Cake?)

I think people pretty much get a spot and watch. You can buy King Cake by the slice. Some bakeries in the FQ sell it by the slice. You can also buy by the slice in the food court area of the French Market.

Mitchell, South...
Level Contributor
2,744 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Joan of Arc/Twelfth Night parade (and King Cake?)

Have also seen mini King Cakes. Walgreens has carried them in the past.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Joan of Arc/Twelfth Night parade (and King Cake?)

Any of the Community Coffee House places will have these pre-packaged small ones, so will Rouse's. They're not bad. Two years ago I had a problem finding anywhere that would sell the big ones by the slice, though. I can tell you that neither Croissant d'Or nor Cake Cafe (both recommended for the whole thing) did and I had to go to Sucre on Magazine to find one. Didn't check the French Market place that KCK mentions, though.

Edited: 26 December 2013, 18:47
DC
Level Contributor
74 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Joan of Arc/Twelfth Night parade (and King Cake?)

Thanks! I've somehow never actually been to the French Market, so I'll have to check that out. And maybe pick up some pre-packaged ones to bring back for the office.

5. Re: Joan of Arc/Twelfth Night parade (and King Cake?)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2014, 05:17