We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury hotels/best amenities in/near FQ?

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,322 posts
123 reviews
Save Topic
Luxury hotels/best amenities in/near FQ?

I've tried searching but there seem to be dozens if not hundreds of choices. So I thought I could ask you good folks here.

Never been anywhere near NOLA. would love to stay right in the thick of things, as close to Bourbon Street as possible. However, comfort and luxury and high-end amenities will also be a priority during this trip.

Any hotels in mind that fit both of those categories? If not, what are my closest options.

THANKS!

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,770 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury hotels/best amenities in/near FQ?

Omni Royal Orleans is, in my opinion, in the best hotel location in the City, and has among the best amenities, including one of the best pools. However some, but not all or even most, rooms are rather small But these smaller rooms are clearly identified as such on the hotel website; carefully read the room descriptions, which include some balcony rooms, on the website.

Edited: 31 December 2013, 10:31
Schulenburg, Texas
Level Contributor
1,851 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury hotels/best amenities in/near FQ?

Loopwhole's suggestion is spot on. Another option is The Monteleone on Royal St. Two hotels that also come to mind are The Royal Sonesta and the Bourbon Orleans. The RS is a little higher end and its entrance is on Bourbon St. Itself. The Bourbon Orleans has a side facing Bourbon St. It's charming and a bit more "old world". But for luxury and best amenities, The Omni is hard to beat.

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxury hotels/best amenities in/near FQ?

The Bourbon Orleans is a fantastic location with wonderful staff and amenities. Rooms were very comfortable and I love that the pool was heated - we got to go swimming in Dec.

The Royal Sonesta is also a great location and although I have never stayed there it sounds every bit as nice as the Bourbon O. If you are between these two I would probably go with price - I think you would be happy with either.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
768 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxury hotels/best amenities in/near FQ?

Omni Royal Orleans has the best location and The Ritz Carlton is the nicest, IMO.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxury hotels/best amenities in/near FQ?

My son and DIL had a suite at The Roosevelt and they said it was top notch. I wondered if anyone had stayed at The Saint since it was remodeled. Can't remember what it was before the name change.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
42,487 posts
1,283 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxury hotels/best amenities in/near FQ?

+1 for the Ritz-Carlton. While basically on Canal St., one is only "around the corner" from the FQ. The hotel is lovely, the service at the top, the location very good, and quieter than some "in the Quarter" locations.

The Windsor Court is also lovely, and but a very short walk to the FQ.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
542 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxury hotels/best amenities in/near FQ?

Windsor Court would be my top pick, but if you're looking for close-to-Bourbon-as-possible, then I'd vote Omni, Monteleone (but try to go with a suite, not a standard room), or Roosevelt. Although, the Roosevelt isn't on Bourbon. I never stayed at the Ritz (did dinners, teas, and wedding receptions there), but always got a better impression from the Omni over the Ritz.

Have fun!

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,322 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luxury hotels/best amenities in/near FQ?

Thank you ALL!

And happy new year!

9. Re: Luxury hotels/best amenities in/near FQ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2015, 05:19