We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Next trip to NOLA

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,369 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Next trip to NOLA

As it's now the new year, when's your next trip to NO? Mine is in 97days! Hot damn!!!! I shall be arriving on Wednesday, April 9th and staying 'til Friday, April 18th. I am staying at the Biscuit Palace Guesthouse this time around (totally not planned and unexpected). I got an awesome price considering it's FQF. Aaaand, I got myself a room with a balcony over Dumaine St, with the corner of Dumaine and Bourbon, corner where the Clover Grill and Lafitte in Exile bar are, as my view. I can probably just call in my order to the bar and restaurant, and get someone to deliver it. HA!!! Now that's service!

What's your biggest wish for your next trip? My biggest wish is to catch Dwayne Dopsie and his band at least 1 day. Unfortunately, they weren't in town during my last trip, when my family was visiting. I so wished they could have experienced him and his band live. My average with this band is seeing them every 2 years. I want to better those odds!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,112 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Next trip to NOLA

It is 59 days, 3 hours, 46 minutes, 49 seconds! :) I just want to have fun (and I think I'll manage that!!!)

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,634 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Next trip to NOLA

59 days for us Porelly! Wooooo Hoooo! My biggest wish is to spend more time with Margie & Sherlane and meet some new TA folks! Looking forward to that!

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,369 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Next trip to NOLA

LOL! I knew you girls would be the 1st to respond to this. I am so jealous. The benefit to planning at the last minute is that you don't have to wait as long. When a person with my personality, major plan ahead person, we have to wait soooo long for trip to finally get here!

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
381 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Next trip to NOLA

105 days away! We'll be there for our anniversary April 16 - 21; and we get the bonus of the Easter parades! We're booked at the Inn on Ursulines for this stay. Haven't stayed there yet but we're looking forward to checking it out.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,112 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Next trip to NOLA

not that we're counting the days, porelly! LOL! Sure wish you'd be there too!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
4,004 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Next trip to NOLA

43 days for us... it will be our first trip to NOLA. I wanted to see Dwayne Dopsie when we visit too but would you believe he'll be here in Winnipeg (Manitoba, Canada) for our "Mardi Gras" event the weekend before we leave on our trip. (I put "Mardi Gras" in quotes as our event will pale in comparison to the real thing). I'm not sure he'll make it back to NOLA for when we're there. We may take in our event this year, just to see him.

www.winnipegmardigras.com/entertainment.php

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,369 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Next trip to NOLA

Deb, don't take the chance of missing him. I saw that he was in Winnipeg in Feb. Go to the show!!! It'll just get you majorly in the mood for your trip.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
4,004 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Next trip to NOLA

You've sold me... I think that sounds like a great idea!. He's here the 14th and 15th and we leave on the 19th... perfect timing to get us pumped up for our first trip.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Next trip to NOLA

57 days. Looking forward to seeing my Flok friends. People watching. Having a drink or nine. Mardi gras will be a great tune up for Floktoberfest

ILLINOIS
Level Contributor
514 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Next trip to NOLA

ours will be in October for the Floktoberfest!