We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NOLA trivia quiz

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,314 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
NOLA trivia quiz

Test your NOLA "brands" knowledge on this quiz. It will be very challenging if you're not a local or haven't spent a lot of time here. Beware that many of these "ain't dere no more". I got all but four, but I've been here a long time.

buzzfeed.com/herofarm/logos-of-new-orleans-t…

Cape May Point, New...
Level Contributor
622 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NOLA trivia quiz

Well, I got four right, but only because a couple of these brands are in my local stores here in NJ.

Edited: 04 January 2014, 14:39
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: NOLA trivia quiz

I got 9. Kind of surprised actually.

Lewes, Delaware
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NOLA trivia quiz

I got a lucky thirteen; two were really lucky, out and out guesses.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,314 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NOLA trivia quiz

I told you it'd be hard. Some of the old places are covered in this video by Benny Grunch, of "The 12 Yats of Christmas" fame:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOXVEcXftj4

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
320 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NOLA trivia quiz

18 for me with only another 3 that I should have known. Fun.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,314 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NOLA trivia quiz

I love the line in the video about the bars they had in all in the Schwegmann's grocery stores, truly a only in NOLA thing. And I dearly miss K&B, they had everything.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: NOLA trivia quiz

I got 15. It helped that e.g. the logo of my bank was there.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
36,708 posts
934 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: NOLA trivia quiz

Great fun, and thank you.

I missed 9, and being gone for 30 years, think that was passable - though not all that good. Now, I did have the advantage to have been there, for some of the older ones, but heck, I cannot believe that I completely missed Woolco...I fared less well with some of the newer ones, missing many. Still, some great memories!

Appreciated,

Hunt

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
36,708 posts
934 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: NOLA trivia quiz

I fondly remember the Schwegmann's Giant, out on Gentilly Blvd. We would drive over from the Gulf Coast, and my parents would stock up on all sorts of stuff, that we could not get back home, including liquor. I recall all the retail and service shops on the lower-level front, as well as those up on the mezzanine. Just magic to a child - same with Pontchartrain Beach (site of many of my birthday parties), and I still have a Tiki glass from the Bali-Ha`i (first big date with my wife there), plus both a Hurricane and a Squall glass from Pat'o's. Used to have the bowl (cannot remember the drink's name now, but it was served with a small cube of dry ice, to create fog) from Bali-Ha`i, but it was broken in a move, many years ago.

Yeah, fond memories! Thanks.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: NOLA trivia quiz

Oouuuh, I love NOLA quizzes! I got 9, not bad considering I have a bad memory for those kinds of things.