We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Orleans Feb 26-March 1st....Whos Gonna Be There?

Plymouth, Minnesota
Level Contributor
143 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
New Orleans Feb 26-March 1st....Whos Gonna Be There?

I can't believe how close it is!!

We are getting in on Wed and leaving Sat (sad, I know - but the price was right). We will be staying at the Hotel Provincial. I was just wondering if anyone else was going to be down there then?

It's 4 of us in our late 20's early 30's and we are all about having a good time and checking out the city.

Maybe we could meet up for drinks.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Provincial
Hotel Provincial
2,874 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
Poplarville, MS
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: New Orleans Feb 26-March 1st....Whos Gonna Be There?

I'm going in from Mississippi on Friday after Selene in Slidell then hopefully staying in the city for Endymion and Bacchus :) I absolutely can't wait, Mardi Gras is the best. I'm going to be with my best friend who's 26, I'm 21. Hope you all have a great time!

Mentioned in this post
Mississippi
Mississippi
United States
Slidell
Slidell
Louisiana
Mardi Gras
Mardi Gras
88 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,142 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Orleans Feb 26-March 1st....Whos Gonna Be There?

we miss you by one day Ken! :(

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Orleans Feb 26-March 1st....Whos Gonna Be There?

Definitely see our Vera Blue in Nyx the day you arrive. She'll be on float 18, sidewalk side.

We'll be seeing the parades on that Wednesday and Thursday, but we're not likely to run into each other, since we will be all the way in the St. Charles/Napoleon area (thanks to a wonderful friend from this forum who's offering his house for leaving bikes, using the bathroom, etc, and lives in that area). But if you happen to see three people on bikes (mine's easy to spot as it's a Smurf-colored cruiser) on the way to or from there, it might be us.

Wednesday is the day we have a friend arrive, so I think she may be too tired after the flight to hang downtown after the parade. Thursday, I don't know what our evening plans are, after Muses, but we are more likely to opt for something closer to where we live.

I'm working Friday and Saturday, 3 pm till midnight. I'm older than your bunch (in my 40's), but since I work just round the corner from the Provincial, if you feel like sharing a drink with an old rodent, I'd say "Bring it on!" (yep, soliciting drinks here =) )

michigan
Level Contributor
26 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Orleans Feb 26-March 1st....Whos Gonna Be There?

26th-3rd for me. staying at french market inn. male mid 30s, traveling alone. can't wait!

Pensacola, Florida
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: New Orleans Feb 26-March 1st....Whos Gonna Be There?

My husband and I 27 and 29 will be coming into town Wed 26th and staying at the La Quinta French Quarter until Friday (couldn't afford the weekend rates, yikes!) We're planning on touring Oak Alley early Wed and then heading into the city to check into the hotel around 3 or 4, then heading to the NYX parade and Thurs catching the Muse parade. Hope to see everyone out there having a blast, it will be our first time in NOLA!

Baltimore
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: New Orleans Feb 26-March 1st....Whos Gonna Be There?

Four of us coming! Two couples in our late twenties and early thirties! Cannot wait! Were staying on Frenchmen Street at The Frenchmen Hotel but will be all over town.

Edited: 19 February 2014, 19:24
Mentioned in this post
Frenchmen Street
Frenchmen Street
9,796 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
The Frenchmen Hotel
The Frenchmen Hotel
1,007 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
7. Re: New Orleans Feb 26-March 1st....Whos Gonna Be There?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 06:20