We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newbies

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
renfrew ontario
Level Contributor
520 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Newbies

Having a great time researching

Will be in New Orleans Easter weekend for 3 nights

Here is my list

Dr Wagner honey island swamp tour

Carriage ride through fq

That's it for tours need time to explore

Bars: pat obriens

Cats meow

Funky pirate

Carousel bar

Blacksmith shop

Fried chicken at coops

Grits lol

BBQ shrimp at mr b's

Having a great time collecting info

Knowing us we will never hit any of these lol

Thanks for all your help gonna be a great trip

J and l

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
234 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newbies

Hi we'll be there that weekend as well. Was told about the chris Owens parade on sunday which sounds like fun. I like your plan of keeping the plans to a minimum. We have been to nola many times and find that we often don't keep with the itinerary. Great reason to keep on coming back. Try to visit the st. Louis cemetery a short walk from the quarter. Stop at the tropical isle bayou club for some zydeco. One of my favorite stops on bourbon. We stay on st. Peter where the cats meow

is located so usually end up there a lot. Love lafittes at night and they have a nice piano player most evening. If you are hungry when you leave lafittes there's a small restaraunt on Bourbon called nola poboys where we stop for fried okra, debris fries (slow cooked roast beef and gravy with cheese over fries) and meat pies. Very casual and open late. So many places you will never wonder what to do next, just start walking and the city will direct you where you should go next.

renfrew ontario
Level Contributor
520 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newbies

Awesome getting ver excited about our first trip to Nola

See you there

Allentown...
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newbies

You are going to wish you had more time there, I guarantee.

renfrew ontario
Level Contributor
520 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Newbies

I am thinking you are right so much to do

Perfect spot for us to celebrate our 37th anniversary

What is the weather like in April ? What kind of clothes of I pack?

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
11,060 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Newbies

should be very nice weather....and I think you can do EVERYTHING on your list! :)

Newington...
Level Contributor
405 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Newbies

Definately take the carriage ridge around the french quarter. Make up a list of things you must do on your return trip because there will be one!

7. Re: Newbies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2015, 05:30