We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting NewOrleans on Feb 14 th weekend

Birmingham, Alabama
1 post
Save Topic
Visiting NewOrleans on Feb 14 th weekend

hello everyone

we are visiting for feb14th weekend and we are very exited for our first Mardigras parade , can you please let us know whats best spot to be to enjoy the parade.

and i heard that Krewe du Vieux has a post parade ball with tickets 30$ is it worth it .

Thanks in advance

Swamp Boat Adventure and Plantations...
718 reviews
from US$176.00*
Steamboat Natchez Jazz Dinner Cruise
950 reviews
from US$48.00*
New Orleans Swamp Tour by Boat
131 reviews
from US$56.00*
Special Offer
New Orleans Ghost, Voodoo, and...
456 reviews
from US$14.99*
US$26.50
Albany, New York
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting NewOrleans on Feb 14 th weekend

WOW...I keep seeing more and more posts of people visiting the same weekend as us, its going to be a crowded time i think!!!! have a blast!!

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting NewOrleans on Feb 14 th weekend

You picked a fun weekend to visit. KDV is a great parade to watch. I would recommend that you pick a spot near someplace that you can use the bathroom. Are you staying near the route? It is a bawdy, adult themed series of 3 parades that are on mostly the same route. I think one of them does go down lower Bourbon after the rest of the route. Best watched from the street, find a place where you can either buy drinks and use the bathroom or near a porta pottie. Not sure where you might find them.

We went to the Krewe du Vieux Doo last year. Some friends that we went with really liked it but I didn't so much. It is a raucous party in a warehouse, mostly made up of people who are in the krewe who parade with KDV and those who know them. Drink choices were extremely limited. I was also not a fan of the band choices, our friends liked it fine.

The one STRONG recommendation that I would make is that you arrange transportation BACK before you go. We had no problem getting a taxi there, but waited for over an hour to get one back, (despite making 5-6 calls to United who is typically very responsive). By the time we finally got a taxi I was VERY concerned. It is off the beaten track in an industrial area and most everyone who goes to it drives. Our friends stayed later and ended up riding back to the FQ with some people they met who had been at the party. Don't think I would have been interested in doing that. If you form a relationship with a driver ahead of time and plan a pick up then it could work out. Keep in mind it is an extremely busy weekend and taxis are in much greater demand than they can accommodate. That is not a good time to be calling from an out of the way location.

3. Re: Visiting NewOrleans on Feb 14 th weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2015, 06:20