We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

going Solo to Mardi Gras

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Gabriel...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
going Solo to Mardi Gras

How many people have flaky friends here lol. Tell me I'm not alone.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: going Solo to Mardi Gras

define flaky? We were supposed to be a party of 3 longtime crazy friends who traveled to some great places before.....one of our friends dropped out for this trip. and it's all good My guess she knew she couldn't handle Mardi Gras..it takes a special person to get swept up in the feeling enjoy your trip

San Gabriel...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: going Solo to Mardi Gras

My friend said he would be going.. Still hasn't bought his ticket. I'm all booked. Flight, room, swamp tour, booze money, etc...

Ready to par-tay.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
7,697 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: going Solo to Mardi Gras

You will have a great time even if he doesn't go!

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: going Solo to Mardi Gras

I'm a single gal who's gone to NO solo 6 times now, and have never felt lonely or sorry I was by myself. Yes, it fun to have good friends to share NO with, and I'm lucky enough that I now have good friends that are often in NO at the same time as my, but I also enjoy my alone time very much. The French Quarter is a great place for solo travelling. Everything is walking distance, both locals and tourist are friendly, and there's great music to be found everywhere! Do not worry. Just be smart and you'll be fine.

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
11,060 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: going Solo to Mardi Gras

you are NOT alone! :)

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,582 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: going Solo to Mardi Gras

That's why most my life I travelled solo people always back out the last minute enjoyed it much.

Allentown...
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: going Solo to Mardi Gras

I've always traveled alone because that way I can travel light and keep to my own itinerary. Plus I can appreciate things better when by myself, without distractions. This is especially true when I travel in the outdoors. Not that I don't like a good conversation with fellow barflies in NOLA...LOL.

8. Re: going Solo to Mardi Gras

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2015, 06:17