We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

------15 Days------

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,631 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
------15 Days------

Only 15 days until we're in beautiful New Orleans again! Looking so forward to being with friend, having some warmth, many El Gato margaritas and hurricanes! Not to forget IT'S MARDI GRAS!!!! Woooooooo Hoooooooooo!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: ------15 Days------

I just found out I'll be in town Wednesday night instead of Thursday afternoon, thanks to a last minute meeting my husband has at Shell on Thursday am!!! I also will also be hanging by myself Thursday until at least 2 or so if anyone wants to hang out!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,555 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: ------15 Days------

Ill be a tacky Florida tourest at the Lundi gras meet and greet . Out of reverence for St Ann festivities at the river im going to wait to put on my Mardi gras day outfit till after. Decorum prevents me from describing it here. Suffice it to say its hysterical.

Allentown...
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: ------15 Days------

"A tacky Florida tourist"

Does that mean pressed Bermuda shorts, with high black socks and a Hawaiian shirt, and a camera around your neck? Don't forget the black frame eyeglasses with the masking tape holding them together...LOL.

Edited: 15 February 2014, 02:19
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
25,997 posts
535 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: ------15 Days------

Enjoy your time. I'm sure you will.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,111 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: ------15 Days------

Ken, so sorry we'll miss you. We arrive the day after you leave. Don't worry Rodent, we won't let you get greased! Of course, we'll have Bailey's for you and your mom, aja! And thanks, luvNOLA...October won't be that far off. After the miserable winter we've ALL had, summer will pass MUCH TOO quickly!

eyesblue and yngmich...I'm going to PM both of you.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,111 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: ------15 Days------

yngmich...ignore my PM...I just read your other post and see you're leaving before Mardi Gras day... :(

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
26,175 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: ------15 Days------

Good for you enjoy.

Allentown...
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: ------15 Days------

What exactly is the "Greasing of the Poles"?

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: ------15 Days------

You take the nearest Polish person and you put some bacon on them? Hey, maybe that wouldn't be too bad. I wonder what day of the year they do that famous Breadpuddinging of the Poles? >:-)

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,111 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: ------15 Days------

LOL, Rodent...reminds me of the old expression "Either you love bacon or you're wrong"!

kayak, they grease the poles leading up to balconies to prevent drunks (and others) from attempting to climb them.

Edited: 15 February 2014, 15:40