We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maison Dupuy

Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Maison Dupuy

Our first trip to New Orleans ... looking to book a nice, romantic suite for our anniversary. The Maison Dupy has been suggested ... anyone with any first-hand knowledge of this hotel and their suites? Anyone with first-hand knowledge of any other recommendation? Thanks.

Woodridge, IL
Level Contributor
56 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maison Dupuy

We stayed at the Maison Dupuy a few weeks ago - and loved it. The service was great, and we had a nice room (king with balcony). I don't know how the suites are - other than peeking in one that had an open door while it was being cleaned (it looked nice!). Check out the reviews of Maison Dupuy under the hotels tab - after looking up the hotel.

This was the goList from our trip:

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i4812-New_Orlea…

San Diego
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maison Dupuy

Hi

I got married at the Maison Dupuy on May 27th. We had the Francis Key Parkinson suite. It was unbelievably huge. 2 rooms w/fireplace and bar. The bed was king-size and very comfy. The only downside was no balcony. I really enjoyed staying at the Dupuy - close to everything, but far away from all the noise. All of our wedding guests enjoyed their rooms also. It is a romantic hotel w/a beautiful courtyard. Also, I would suggest the Omni Royal. It's a gorgeous hotel w/very friendly staff.

detroit, michigan
Level Contributor
298 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Maison Dupuy

I second the Omni Royal - great hotel, great location, nice view from the roof with a nice rooftop pool.

chicago
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Maison Dupuy

Hi, If you are interested in a terrific French Quarter hotel, the Maison Dupuy is it. I stayed there last year for Jazz Fest and had a perfect stay. The courtyard is very nice and the staff are exceptional folks, from the front desk to the parking staff, the Maison Dupuy is New Orleans and southern hospitality at it's finest. The proximity to everything is also great! The very next day after I came home from Jazz Fest 2006, I had to go right back to New Orleans as a family member who was staying for the second weekend of Jazz Fest had a very serious medical emergency. I called the Maison Dupuy to see if they could accomodate four of us on short notice (during Jazz Fest no less) and they moved heaven and earth to do it. Amazing, wonderful folks. My mother and a close friend of my brother stayed there for over a month and my sister and I came and went during that time. The hotel staff became like family and took exquisite care of all of us. I went on line just now to book my room at the Maison Dupuy for this year's Jazz Fest. I wouldn't stay anywhere else!

Be sure to request a room with a balcony! Enjoy your trip!

Manzanita, Oregon
Level Contributor
775 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maison Dupuy

Read Moonltnite's review of the Maison Dupuy and photos, very nice, also her comments in another post on the New Orleans School of Cooking brought back very pleasent memories of a previous NO trip way back in '95. Will be attending the NO Wine and Food Experiance in May, will work in a return to the New Orleans School of Cooking as well. Thanks for the review Moonltnite, well done.

st. paul
Level Contributor
83 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maison Dupuy

We also stayed there last month and it was great. We had a courtyard balcony and would highly recommend this hotel.

7. Re: Maison Dupuy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 03:19