We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tulane Visit

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh
Level Contributor
311 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Tulane Visit

Hi everyone.

I've been searching these boards for ideas, and I'm sorry if this has already been asked...

We are traveling down for a visit to Tulane for my son. My parents, husband and 2 boys, aged 15 and 16. Since this is a college visit, we don't have much in our budget, but would like to see NO while we are there. My 15 year old is HIGH maintenance and likes to be constantly busy.

What activities would you recommend that he would enjoy? As much as I would like it, plantation tours or history without FUN will not keep him occupied.

Also, can you recommend good restaurants that won't break the bank? We love trying new and different foods.

Thanks much for your help.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tulane Visit

Would World War Two Museum be a possibility? My teen girls do not like it, but friend's teen boys love it. Big action movie and the museum has an affordable and good restaurant by Top Chef John Besh called American Sector. The teen girls generally like just walking the Quarter looking at street performers and eating beneigts at Cafe DuMonde and Muffellettas at Central Grocery.

Raleigh
Level Contributor
311 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tulane Visit

Thanks. The WW II is a good possibility, and we will check out the museum restaurant.

I'm open for any other suggestions!

Thanks

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Tulane Visit

Audubon Zoo?

Insectarium - www.auduboninstitute.org/visit/insectarium

Aquarium

Imax Theatre

Pharmacy Museum - http://www.pharmacymuseum.org/

4. Re: Tulane Visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2015, 06:18