We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

This or That?

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
This or That?

Still trying to decide on 25th anniversary trip hotel, Bienville House , Saint Marie, or Place D"Armes. Problem is I have to book through South West Vacations to use my credit I have with them by June and the room for Bienville says Deluxe King 4 adults but it doesn't state whether or not it has a balcony which we really must have, do I book it and then take a chance upon arrival? ugh help please. thanks

Allentown...
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: This or That?

Call the hotel and ask. You don't want to be disappointed when you get there.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: This or That?

I actually did call and they told me to request an upgrade when I get there, stinko, Oh well, I'll keep looking I guess.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: This or That?

I'd choose the Place D'Armes Hotel. It's a great hotel with the most gorgeous courtyard. And very romantic for an anniversary trip.

Just a thought on the Bienville House. I had gone to check out the lobby, courtyard, etc during a trip as a possibility for a future trip and found it very loud in the courtyard. The hotel is located on Decatur, where it splits with N Peters St, so it's in between 2 streets. When I was in the courtyard, all you heard was traffic. I would not enjoy it at all.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
953 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: This or That?

In general, hotels, especially in tourist and convention destinations, cannot guarantee any specific room type (except for planners, and celebrity guests) due to circumstances beyond their control. Have you offered to pay in addition to your points in order to secure a balcony room? Otherwise it is a crapshoot.

PS. You do not need a balcony room for a romatic weekend in New Orleans.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: This or That?

I also really like Place D'Armes. Hotel st Marie is nice too, but if I can get Place D'Armes for around the same price, that's where I'd go. Great location and New Orleans charm..not to mention a very beautiful courtyard!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
540 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: This or That?

Most of the balconies at Bienville House are very small, so much so that I wouldn't let that guide your decision. Plus, there isn't much of a view from some balconies other than the other side of the hotel (with its very small balconies). The court yard is in the middle, which is extremely narrow. Decatur is a busy street so I can see where noise could be a problem. Place D'Armes would be my first choice.

7. Re: This or That?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2015, 07:23