We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting there

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
getting there

trying to find a package to new orleans,whats the best way to go about it,whos the best to book it with and is it a direct flight ?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
48,184 posts
1,547 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting there

Welcome to the New Orleans TA forum.

From the UK, there will not be a direct flight, but you have likely discovered that.

As we fly UA most often (to/from LHR), I would look into a flight from LHR to IAD (Dulles), then on to MSY (New Orleans). There are also BA flights, that can connect to other US Domestic airlines.

I strongly advise looking very closely at the airlines, then the hotels and finally any tours, rather than going through a 3rd party "vacations" booking agent. If all goes well, then a 3rd party might save some $, or £. However, if anything goes amiss, then one is left alone, with only some telephone number, in some unknown location, to help them.

As for recommendations for hotels, and any tours, this forum will be very helpful.

If possible, list the general dates (prices can vary to an extreme level), and your budgets in US $, so that the folk here can give you good advice.

Travel safely,

Hunt

Mentioned in this post
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
34,702 posts
597 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting there

United Airlines is probably your best bet. Maybe American as well.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting there

United, Delta, or American/USAirways/British would all be good combinations. Truth is that they're all very similar and the flight is tedious if you aren't in business class! I actually like connecting via Atlanta (Delta) but no option is really so much better than the others.

Mentioned in this post
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia
Warminster, PA
Level Contributor
272 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: getting there

We booked thru Southwest Vacations and were able to get great early morning and late return both connecting flights but the package was priced well and we were able to stay at Hotel Monteleone where I couldn't get reservations from any other travel company and even the hotel itself was sold old when I booked with Southwest.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Monteleone
Hotel Monteleone
8,201 Reviews
New Orleans, LA
Warminster, PA
Level Contributor
272 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: getting there

It seems like the direct flights from our area, besides being extremely expensive, leave late in the day and return too early for my liking.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: getting there

Hi Stuart, I booked through Travel Republic and got what I thought was a fantastic deal, we are flying from Manchester mid May for ten days, United Airlines, stopping off in NYC and then getting our connecting flight a couple of hours later, we have ten nights at Dauphines also in a king room, the cost in total for the 2 of us was about £2000, flights about 600 each and room 800 for ten nights.

Hope this helps

thanks

sam

Mentioned in this post
Warminster, PA
Level Contributor
272 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: getting there

Sorry I just realized you're coming from UK. Disregard my Southwest Vacations info.

bradford
Level Contributor
169 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: getting there

We booked tbrough ebookers very helpful. Ask for discount we did and got it. Ok not very big but every little helps!!!!!

9. Re: getting there

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2015, 05:18