We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good restaurant for teenagers?

mississippi
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Good restaurant for teenagers?

Hey! I'm bringing my teenaged daughter and niece to the zoo tomorrow. I thought we'd go over to the Quarter afterwards and eat. Any recommendations that teenagers would like? I know my daughter loves Acme Oyster House, but we might like to try somewhere new. Any places that are especially good? Thanks!

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good restaurant for teenagers?

My teenagers (14&17) really enjoyed Muriel's for a "fancier" as they call it, restaurant...they loved the food and especially loved the ghost story and touring the beautiful building after the meal. It was a great experience for them. Another restaurant they enjoyed was the Gumbo Shop..very affordable and very tasty!

mississippi
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good restaurant for teenagers?

Thanks! I will look into those.

AR
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good restaurant for teenagers?

Red Fish Grill, Café Maspero

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
8,555 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good restaurant for teenagers?

My granddaughters like Pat O'Briens Where they had some familiar food like hamburgers and wings. And although they couldn't go into the beautiful courtyard, they could walk close enough to it to get a good view of it.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,339 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good restaurant for teenagers?

When my kids were teenagers they loved it when we first started taking them to nice places. Since you'll be Uptown, and if the budget works, why not try Commanders, Brigtsen's, Jacques-Imo's, Upperline, etc. The teenage years are a good time to start them on a culinary journey to last a life-time. If you nonetheless want to go back to the Quarter...same advice: try a really nice place. Plus, the food is so much better for you, too!

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good restaurant for teenagers?

American Sector is an interesting place. It is located adjacent to the WW2 Museum, and is run by Top Chef John Besh who has a bundle of exceptional other places including the high-end August. In American Sector, you see a celebrated chef create a fairly reasonably priced menu to appeal to kids, but maintaining the quality and creativity and healthfulness of his famous other more adult-oriented restaurants.

mississippi
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good restaurant for teenagers?

Thanks for all of the advice. Unfortunately, after a long day at the zoo, both of the girls just wanted drive-thru and a nap haha! Maybe next time :)

Lady Lake, Florida
Level Contributor
24 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good restaurant for teenagers?

Port of Call is hands down the best place to get a burger from New Orleans to Charlotte to Orlando. It's a tiny hole in the wall, but the food is amazing. It would be a missed opportunity to not go there.

Also, outside of downtown New Orleans is another place called "we never close." There you will find the best roast beef po boy in New Orleans. It's off the beaten path but the roast beef and hot sausage po boys are worth it.

9. Re: Good restaurant for teenagers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2015, 05:18