We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from the Airport

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Surrey
Level Contributor
34 posts
146 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from the Airport

I put this on with my Ipad but it hasn't appeared.

We are two active 60 year olds arriving at Louis Armstrong and clearing at about 10pm on a Monday evening. We need to get to Dauphine Street about 12 miles east by the I-10. What is the best way to do this please. Public transport, taxi, both? About how much is a taxi all the way.

Any help would be gratefully received, thank you.

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
11,060 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from the Airport

Taxi, imho, is the ONLY option! $33 flat rate for two people into the French Quarter. Takes about a 1/2 hour or less, depending on traffic. We usually give the driver $40 to include tip.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,538 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from the Airport

I'm glad you found us here on the New Orleans forum like I recommended to you the other day. But like I said in my post on the general Lousiana forum, you need to be more precise about where you're headed.

" We need to get to Dauphine Street about 12 miles east by the I-10" doesn't really tell us where you're headed. I "hope" it means 12 miles east of the airport and not 12 miles east of the I-10! But for the best advice, you need to provide a cross street, or neighborhood, or something.

newport, ri
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from the Airport

what would the fare be for one person, and is one cab company better than others, or can you just take any cab that's there

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
11,060 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from the Airport

taxi for one or 2 is a flat rate of $33 (3 or more is $14 per person) Good point, Irish (I missed that 12 miles east part!) These rates apply to New Orleans and New Orleans East. Past Elysian Fields, the rate is "meter plus toll. bugsy, while most people recommend United, when I get to NOLA, the first cab available is JUST FINE!!!!

Surrey
Level Contributor
34 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from the Airport

Hermicane, thanks a lot. US$40 it is and less earache from my other half.

Irish fan, I was using my I-Pad earlier and although I am not a Luddite, the apps are not so easy as a PC. Anyway thanks for your reply.

6. Re: Travel from the Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 05:27