We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Landing to Sitting at Mr. B's Bistro

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
From Landing to Sitting at Mr. B's Bistro

If I am landing at 6:31pm and have to wait for the luggage carousel and need about 15 min at Hotel Provincial before walking to Mr. B's Bistro, do you think a 7:45pm reservation is too ambitious?

AR
Level Contributor
3,594 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Landing to Sitting at Mr. B's Bistro

Yes, I would allow more time. MSY is notoriously slow at the luggage carousels, you might have to wait a few minutes in the cab line (or not), traffic may be heavy (depending on when you are coming to town), and it takes a few minutes to walk from the Provincial to Mr. B's. I would make the reservation for 8:30 or 8:45, then stop along the way for a drink, if time to spare.

Mitchell, South...
Level Contributor
3,143 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: From Landing to Sitting at Mr. B's Bistro

Plus allow time for any weather/ airline delays. Mr B's is very accommodating so call if you are further delayed and I'm sure they will be able to get you in for dinner.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
3,462 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Landing to Sitting at Mr. B's Bistro

We wanted to try Mr b's bbq shrimp plate as heard it is to die for but read to skip most other dishes here.

If we are looking at just a glass of wine and this dish should we go at lunch time when less busy as we want to try several other must try's on our food crawl. and do we need reservations or is there a bar we can go to and order so not to take up a table?

Edited: 02 April 2014, 15:19
Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Landing to Sitting at Mr. B's Bistro

Mmm Mr. B's shrimp is delicious!! I usually visit at lunch..it's less busy and prices are a little better too! I've never needed a reservation for lunch. It's definitely a must try! Honestly, the only other thing I've tried from there is the shrimp pasta which was delicious too..but my main reason for going is BBQ shrimp! Enjoy!

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Landing to Sitting at Mr. B's Bistro

Yup, too ambitious. If you want to make a reservation ahead of time, I'd go for 8:30 and if you show up early, you can always wait at the bar.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From Landing to Sitting at Mr. B's Bistro

Thank you! :)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,346 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: From Landing to Sitting at Mr. B's Bistro

As far as skipping other dishes other than the BBQ shrimp. I've never read that anywhere. We have enjoyed many nearly perfect dishes, both during lunch and dinner. In fact, we enjoy Mr. B's more than Muriel's.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
12,135 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: From Landing to Sitting at Mr. B's Bistro

Gumbo is a dish subject to many particular personal preferences. That being said, Mr. B's Gumbo YaYa is my New Orleans favorite.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
3,462 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: From Landing to Sitting at Mr. B's Bistro

Good to know about the gumbo.

It was on a other foodie site I read about it

Edited: 03 April 2014, 03:20
AR
Level Contributor
3,594 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: From Landing to Sitting at Mr. B's Bistro

Well, the other foodie site was incorrect, in my opinion. Mr. B's has many excellent dishes, including the two that have been mentioned.