We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo traveler/first time in NOLA(coming in for FQF!)

Palm Springs, CA
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Solo traveler/first time in NOLA(coming in for FQF!)

Hey all, well finally my 1st trip to NOLA is getting close!! With the help of many posters on this site, i found what i think is going to be a great hotel for 3 nights(Bourbon Orleans)..I'm coming in on Wed and Leaving Saturday Eve...I'm sure i will be exhausted by then!

Anyway, I'm a single male, 45, attractive(of course :-)) and love to party if any of you singles(or couples) are meeting up, please drop me a line...I'm starting to get overwhelmed about all the things i "must see" while there, but first and foremost is the music :-) and cold beer...and shrimp po boys..well you get the hint..

I know this is a SILLY question, do you guys recommend any of the cool bars thats a great singles location? I have a feeling the WHOLE French Quarter will be a great location for singles but, any can't miss bars/pubs? I just can't WAIT to feel the energy of the city..

anyway i hope to stumble into a few of you next week!!!!

:-)

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
860 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo traveler/first time in NOLA(coming in for FQF!)

Don't know what time you're in on Wednesday, but at 5:00 is Wednesday at the Square, which is a lot of fun:

http://wednesdayatthesquare.com/

At 7:00, the same night is this event:

nola.com/music/index.ssf/2014/03/memorial_co…

This is a great lineup of musicians, so if seeing good music is at the top of your list, this is where you should be (we will be!).

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,790 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo traveler/first time in NOLA(coming in for FQF!)

Famous Door is a good place for 30, 40 and 50 something singles dancing; high quality 80s/90s cover band. The tourist friendly locals' bars can be a good place to strike up conversations; check out Chart Room, Harry's Corner, and Boondock Saint.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo traveler/first time in NOLA(coming in for FQF!)

I've traveled solo a few times to NO, and pretty much every place is single friendly. I've never felt out of place, or too old or too young. Where ever you hear music that peaks your interest, go on in. Sitting at the bar does give you more opportunity to strike up conversations.

4. Re: Solo traveler/first time in NOLA(coming in for FQF!)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2015, 06:16