We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bloody Mary

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bossier City, LA
Level Contributor
2,875 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bloody Mary

Two of my daughters will be in New Orleans on Easter weekend. One of them has just discovered a love for Bloody Marys and wants to know who makes the best. I know this has been asked before but she wants to know who makes the spiciest ones. I don't drink them so I don't have an answer for her. I told her that I have read Molly at the Market makes really good ones but does any one know about the heat factor?

Greenwood, Louisiana
Level Contributor
2,499 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bloody Mary

Hi bcla! Molly's at the Market on Decatur or her sister bar Erin Rose at 811 Conti make the best ones in my book. I always ask them to make it spicy-and it is perfect every time. Try their frozen Irish coffee-I am addicted to them!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bloody Mary

Take a look at this list, and the Counter Market & Grill, with a Bloody Mary bar. It's on my list to try!

thrillist.com/eat/new-orleans/the-most-under…

Bossier City, LA
Level Contributor
2,875 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bloody Mary

Thanks, Poole & Tamarainnc. I will pass those suggestions on to her.

Poole, is the frozen Irish coffee milky like a milk shake, cause I don't drink milk. Don't drink milkshakes or even cappacino type drinks. I like Irish Coffee but it has to be really strong.

Bossier City, LA
Level Contributor
2,875 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bloody Mary

Tamarainnc, great link. Thank you for posting it.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,286 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bloody Mary

If, by chance, she's taking a cruise on the Steamboat Natchez, the spicy Bloody Mary served in the upper deck bar is among the best served anywhere.

Greenwood, Louisiana
Level Contributor
2,499 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bloody Mary

The frozen Irish Coffee is more like a really thick shake-I don't think there is any milk in it, but there may be. You can almost eat it with a spoon. Ask for a small taste before you buy to make sure you like it. They sprinkle crushed coffee beans over the top and it is delicious!

Bossier City, LA
Level Contributor
2,875 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bloody Mary

Thanks Loop. I'll let her know.

Poole, ice-cream texture I can handle. It's not that I have "cant" have milk, it's that I don't like the taste of it. But ice-cream I love as long as it's not the really creamy kind.

Texas
Level Contributor
223 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bloody Mary

We had really good bloody marys at the Original Pierre Masperro's on chartres street. Their pepper infused vodka really makes the difference. There's also a place just inside the French market that makes some outstanding ones, but I can't remember which place it is! I'll have to make sure to catch the name next time.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
38,574 posts
1,042 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bloody Mary

Also, you might wish to do a Search on this forum, as there is at least one thread (think there were two) that was/were filled with various recs. for Bloody Marys in New Orleans - probably enough to keep one busy for an entire week, checking them out.

Good luck,

Hunt

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,624 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bloody Mary

BCLA--Pat's has really good spicy Bloody Mary's. I have also tasted one from Molly's and it was very good and spicy. I'm not a big fan of the drink but I do enjoy one once in a while! Maybe you'll have better luck at Molly's...they never serve us! Last time we just ended up walking away from the window after standing there for 10 minutes.