We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Happy Hours at Luke & Domenica

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
107 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Happy Hours at Luke & Domenica

One month from today I will be strolling the streets of the French Quarter, drink in hand. It's been nearly three years! Kids change travel. Anyway, we will be visiting without our toddler, and Luke and Domenica happy hours are on my list. Does anyone know the times and if they are seven days a week? I read that Luke takes reservations for happy hour; does Domenica? Thanks for your help.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
3,463 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Happy Hours at Luke & Domenica

Lukes 3-6pm daily 50cent oysters and grilled oysters are $1 each . Wine .beer, sparkling wine all 1/2 offf. No other food on happy hour then oysters, best oysters we have had!

We were then going to go to domenica but service was slow at lukes so we didnt get there.

Domenica same time 1/2 offf pizza and wine/beer their clam one suppose to be very good. They do take reservations.

Enjoy it was our first kid free holiday

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Happy Hours at Luke & Domenica

Domenica - happy hour 3-6 /7 days. Definitely make a reservation. Place was packed at 5:15 when we arrived and was glad I had reservations. I actually prefer bar seating there if spaces by chance are open. Lots of activity, friendly bar staff, chance of meeting nice fellow travelers. Pizza and drinks half price, plus some other appetizer items (I think) are half as well. They don't exactly tell you what is half, so be sure to ask. Be sure to tour the beautiful Roosevelt lobby while you are there and ask for a look in the famous old "Blue Room" their old show room which has been restored.

AR
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Happy Hours at Luke & Domenica

I attend HH at Domenica regularly. Bar tables/stools cannot be reserved. Tables on the main floor can. I prefer the bar tables because the floor is slightly elevated and provides a great view of the entire restaurant. The bar itself and those seats do not face the entire restaurant. Drinks (beer/wine,mixed) are half priced except for a handful of very expensive offerings. Pizzas are 1/2 price and you can get half one kind and half another, if you so desire. They also have a daily offering of small plates for $6-7. You will also receive free bread/spicy olive oil while waiting for your order and a free chocolate" truffle like" candy at the end of your meal. HH is every day from 3-6:00 and the earlier you go the better chance of walking in and getting a table without reservations. After 5:00 is always crowded because Domenica is very popular with the "after work" crowd as well as the pre-theater group at the Saenger and Joy theaters. I hope you enjoy Domenica as much as I do.

Denton
Level Contributor
358 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Happy Hours at Luke & Domenica

My daughter and I are taking my two grandkids to NO in June . . . they are 11. Can we take them to HH at Domenica's? Sounds like a fun place where daughter and I can drink and they can have pizza!

Sandy (in Denton)

Southern, Louisiana
Level Contributor
271 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Happy Hours at Luke & Domenica

Behrens1,

I have taken my Tweens to Domenica several times. They love it. In fact everytime we go there are lots of children. It's a loud bright happy energetic place.

AR
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Happy Hours at Luke & Domenica

Yes, they will be welcome in the restaurant.

Southern, Louisiana
Level Contributor
271 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Happy Hours at Luke & Domenica

*Our restaurants and frankly quite a lot of our neighborhood bars are kid friendly. New Orleanians eat out often and that means with our families, from newborn to deathbed from baptism to last rites, at whatever place we want. This is the nature of our society.

Denton
Level Contributor
358 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Happy Hours at Luke & Domenica

Thank you, I'll put Domenica's on my list of places to go.

Thanks again,

Sandy (in Denton)

9. Re: Happy Hours at Luke & Domenica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2015, 06:16