We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newer Modern Hotels not renovated

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newington...
Level Contributor
405 posts
Save Topic
Newer Modern Hotels not renovated

Which hotels are more modern and new/er in the French quarter. Price not an object. Friend we are going with will not stay at an older/outdated hotel. This is for 3 nights in September

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,160 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newer Modern Hotels not renovated

If someone really wants "modern and newer" I'd probably steer them away from the French Quarter and stay somewhere in the CBD or Warehouse District.

In my opinion they may be missing out on part of "what makes New Orleans New Orleans", and/or may not have an accurate idea of what some of the hotels in the Quarter are really like. But....to avoid any issues, I'd put them in a hotel in the CBD.

Otherwise I might say a place like The Monteleone is perfect for them but they'd show up on the doorstep and declare it to be old and outdated.

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
6,797 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newer Modern Hotels not renovated

I have only been to NOLA once last fall, but did enjoy my stay at the W hotel in the French Quarter. Great location, modern in my opinion with a lovely courtyard: http://www.wfrenchquarter.com

Texas
Level Contributor
223 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newer Modern Hotels not renovated

We've enjoyed the Marriott on Canal very much both times we stayed there. Great rates through Priceline too.

renfrew ontario
Level Contributor
520 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Newer Modern Hotels not renovated

Just returned from Nola and loved our stay at Bourbon Orleans modern but still has charm perfect location

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,035 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Newer Modern Hotels not renovated

For nice, full service and relatively new, modern and well located, consider JW Marriott; very nice with a touch of "NewOrleanish".

A hotel within the French Quarter is required to be either actually older or older in appearance, For a French Quarter "boutique", the relatively recently renovated Hotel Le Marais and W French Quarter both have some modern flair while retaining New Orleans charm. Is the desire for "modern" related to luxury and convenience, or style? There are a number of luxury hotels within older buildings which offer all modern conveniences,

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,574 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Newer Modern Hotels not renovated

As loop indicated probably the only one to fit that criteria would be the JW Marriott...

Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Newer Modern Hotels not renovated

The saint is the most modern and sexy chic fun. I love this place and its location.

8. Re: Newer Modern Hotels not renovated

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2015, 05:15