We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Orleans In Nov

New Jersey
Level Contributor
99 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
New Orleans In Nov

I have not been to new Orleans in over 10 years, so I have decided it's a good idea for a return trip.

I am looking for a long weekend. Current dates I am looking at or 11-7 and leaving 11-10. It seems hotel and flight prices right now are pretty high.

Is there anything in particular in early November going on that would make prices higher?

I know it's early and I've heard prices usually come down around 90 days before the trip.

I'm also planning on trying to see a saints game if i can get tickets.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
52,926 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Orleans In Nov

Realtors convention with 25,000 attendees is during your dates. Veterans Day is Tuesday the 11th, might be some visitors making a long weekend out of it. And the 49's are in town to play the Saints.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,563 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Orleans In Nov

November seems to be turning into a big convention month, with a number of medium size conventions, along with a super big one. There are several smaller festivals, but none which should have a major impact on hotels.

National Association Of Realtors (a biggie) Nov 05 - Nov 12, 2014

Saints Vs. 49ers Nov 09 - Nov 11, 2014

Saints Vs. Bengals Nov 14 - Nov 16, 2014

Ieee Annual Acm / Supercomputing Conference Nov 15 - Nov 20, 2014

Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Nov. 16-21

American Public Health Association Nov. 15-19

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
554 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Orleans In Nov

My favorite time of year to go to NOLA was always in November. Weather was great and prices were very reasonable for hotels. Not anymore, well, regarding the hotel prices anyway. Last year, rather than go in November, I went in September and December, so it worked out OK for me!. November is VERY pricey as far as hotels are concerned. Don't expect the prices to go down either, so if you see a good deal GRAB IT!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Orleans In Nov

All the conventions make prices higher, so book a good deal when you can, as everyone else has said.

I was thinking of festivals when I first read your post and this is what I found for November:

Mirliton Festival

Fringe Festival

Oak Street Po-Boy Festival

Words and Music

Treme Creole Gumbo Festival.

It's true what Loop said that no one of these should have an impact on airfare or hotel prices, though. I just thought you should know and maybe go if one of these festivals is on when you come to town.

5. Re: New Orleans In Nov

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2015, 05:16