We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July convention

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
upstate ny
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Topic
July convention

Mid July for convention hoping to see some of the sights and take a couple tours as will as restaurants..I do not wish to be scheduled but was wondering if its neccesary with a group of 6-12.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,552 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July convention

It will be difficult anywhere to walk into a restaurant with a party of 12. A party of 6, maybe not so much. Do you have specific tours and restaurants in mind?

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
72 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: July convention

Hi,

There are actually many restaurants within a mile of the Convention Center area (assuming that's where you're speaking of). Just use an app like Tripadvisor or Urbanspoon and search 'near me' and it will pop up with TONS of choices! (Mother's is a must, though!)

As far as tours, there are the hop-on-hop-off bus tours, as well as walking cemetery tours and ghost tours in the French Quarter. Might be a decent walk, but definitely do-able with able bodied people.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: July convention

Years ago when I first went to Arnaud's they had a table for 12 in the same room where I was seated alone. I distinctly remember because the Maitre d' sat a party of 8 at it and the waitstaff was not happy - I as a single was near the station...I got dinner and a show! I would assume they can still seat 12 without a reservation with a little luck. I would think many could do 6 without a problem.

Edited: 05 May 2014, 18:05
Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,582 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: July convention

You can always cancel a reservation and reservations are free and a poster suggested an overrated underperforming place I would avoid..mothers. Check out the topic here using search.

5. Re: July convention

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2015, 06:16