We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's in your GO-bag?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
714 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
What's in your GO-bag?

If I have to get out of town for vacation or otherwise on short notice, I like to keep a bag packed and ready to go. I have packed - 2 complete changes of casual clothes (i.e. 2 pair socks, underwear, jeans, t-shirts.) small deodorant, small toothpaste, razor, toothbrush, spare phone charger.

What do you have? What would you ad?

Cape May Point, New...
Level Contributor
630 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's in your GO-bag?

Well, I have to add my makeup, some hair products and my white noise machine which makes sleeping in noisy hotels easy. I can pack in 15 minutes for up to a week's trip. After 40 years of travelling for business I have it down to a science ;-)

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
17,131 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's in your GO-bag?

I don't have enough clothing to leave that much packed "just in case". Plus, how long would it really take to toss that all in a bag? 10 minutes?

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,142 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's in your GO-bag?

I'm with November...I generally pack the night before or the day of, but I don't pack much. I have about the same as you, Chris, except no phone charger (coz I carry no phone!) but I always make sure my drugs are packed! (mostly Advil, Zantac, and penicillin...just in case!)

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
17,131 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's in your GO-bag?

I do travel enough that my travel toiletries are always packed though. In April, I was out of town 3 times - once to NOLA, so it is on topic, and once to Toronto, so also on topic :-)

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
59,163 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's in your GO-bag?

"and penicillin...just in case!"

I'm not gonna ask. Nope. Won't do it. :)

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,142 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's in your GO-bag?

LOL, Irish...it was a long term problem with strep thoat YEARS ago...but bad enough to make me always carry penicillin (see...that wasn't as awful as what you were thinking:)

santa cruz
Level Contributor
2,852 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What's in your GO-bag?

I keep some travel size toiletries ready go and I keep our white noise machine in our suitcase so I won't forget it. I always keep a round brush for my hair in the suitcase too because I used to forget it all the time. Oh and earplugs are always in the suitcase.

I know my trip is getting close because I'm having packing dreams. They are always the same: I can't find something I really want to bring or I forgot something really important. Last night I dreamt that I didn't put our luggage locks on our bags. We are doing carry-on only for New Orleans so don't ask me why that came up.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
714 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What's in your GO-bag?

These are all great answers, thanks guys! Honestly, i always have some notice and yes it wouldnt take but 5 or 10 minutes to throw that in a bag...but its sort of fun to just know its there ready to go.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
714 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What's in your GO-bag?

These are all great answers, thanks guys! Honestly, i always have some notice and yes it wouldnt take but 5 or 10 minutes to throw that in a bag...but its sort of fun to just know its there ready to go.

chicago
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What's in your GO-bag?

I keep a packed carry-on in the closet with my passport, toiletries, bathing suit, black sundress that can work as a cover-up or a night-out outfit, and accessories--just in case anyone ever calls and says they have an extra ticket to somwehere fabulous if I can get to the airport in an hour. Sigh...hasn't happened yet, but a girl can hope!