We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Open table cancelled red gravy

Augusta, Maine
Level Contributor
212 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Open table cancelled red gravy

So I received an email from open table this morning stating that my Red Gravy reservation for dinner 6/6 has been cancelled. I have sent an email to find out if they are closed or if it is an error. I guess now I need to come up with another location for a Friday night

Swamp Boat Adventure and Plantations...
720 reviews
from US$176.00*
Steamboat Natchez Jazz Dinner Cruise
952 reviews
from US$48.00*
New Orleans Swamp Tour by Boat
133 reviews
from US$56.00*
Special Offer
New Orleans Ghost, Voodoo, and...
461 reviews
from US$14.99*
US$26.50
Augusta, Maine
Level Contributor
212 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Open table cancelled red gravy

Okay what about trying Irene's instead. I seem to read in some place to call for a reservation and some places say they don't accept them. Thoughts???

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,656 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Open table cancelled red gravy

Have you tried calling Red Gravy? That is what I would do. Can't argue with Irene's though--GREAT food there too!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,142 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Open table cancelled red gravy

Irene's DOES take reservations, but that doesn't mean you'll actually get your table for when you booked it, as they also take walk-ins and the place is generally PACKED. They have a really nice "waiting area", which is a bar with a piano player. The one time we DID have to wait, I didn't mind at all (some people will).

Maybe Vera will reply about Red Gravy..

Augusta, Maine
Level Contributor
212 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Open table cancelled red gravy

I did send her a message just to make sure it isn't a mistake! I guess Irene's will be my second choice, but I will wait a bit before making a reservation. It sounds like earlier in the night would be better

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,142 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Open table cancelled red gravy

If you go to Irene's, there's a line up at the door BEFORE they open. We usually get there 10 or 15 minutes before opening time and wait in line. It pretty much guarantees you a table! :)

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Open table cancelled red gravy

I'm sorry your reservation was cancelled. We are vending at the French Market Creole Tomato Festival the next day. In order to prepare for outdoor cooking from 10am - 7pm we need the nights for prep work. A 5 foot charcoal grill is also being delivered that evening for the weekend and I have no place to store it except in the dining room until Saturday morning. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. My favourite restaurants are Annunciation, Dante's Kitchen, Sylvain and Rue 127. I'd be more than happy to help you reserve a table for that night if you'd like. I hope you come visit us at the French Market either Saturday or Sunday. We'll be open for brunch those days, as well; just not open for dinner.

7. Re: Open table cancelled red gravy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2015, 06:17