We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

short early trip report for Flok Icon

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
Save Topic
short early trip report for Flok Icon

I Flew into Nola Saturday afternoon and was picked up by my wonderful sister in law at the airport. they live near the airport. Too late to do much and she had planned dinner at home. grilled Mahi with a shrimp pasta sauce. Yum where cant you get a good meal around here? lol. slept well Saturday night and Dianne took me into the city to see my nieces and nephews who live in Mid City. my nephew plays in an adult kick ball league and let me tell you its not the game you played as a kid. its fast and intense. His team won and then the next team came to start their game. They dress in a different theme every week and this week they were all in drag. It was hysterical! You gotta love this town. We then walked across to the Mid City Yacht club and celebrated the victory with a few libations. we were so close to the Mid City Bayou Boogaloo festival and listed to some nice zydeco and a few more beers. Back to the in laws for some BBQ and a good night sleep. Ed just dropped me off in the Quarter for some me time. Waiting to check into my room so off for some Flok recon. Talk soon Y'all

Greenwood, Louisiana
Level Contributor
2,499 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: short early trip report for Flok Icon

I am so jealous right now as I sit here at work!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,634 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: short early trip report for Flok Icon

Let us know about the bar Bobby! Can't wait to hear about it! Hope you're having a great time!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,112 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: short early trip report for Flok Icon

yeah, get us some recon from Decatur! Say Hi to Margie and Sherlane. Send our love! (to you too!)

Allentown...
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: short early trip report for Flok Icon

Is it permissible to ask about "the bar" on Decatur that you folks have been chatting about? It sounds quite mysterious.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,112 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: short early trip report for Flok Icon

hey kayak, it will possible be a new "Flok Hole" that Bobby discovered...he just needs to check it out to see if it's a "fit"!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,634 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: short early trip report for Flok Icon

And Bobby??????????

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: short early trip report for Flok Icon

Herm, from what he told me, it does look like a fit. He says the balcony can fit about 60 people! :-o

Greenwood, Louisiana
Level Contributor
2,499 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: short early trip report for Flok Icon

Sounds like a Flokin bar to me! Where is this place, and what is it's name?

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: short early trip report for Flok Icon

The bar is perfect,, It has the largest balcony in the Quarter the upstairs bar is being converted into a Saints room. Poole will love it. Joshua my nephew is the manager. He says we can have the whole upstairs bar and balcony for and event if we want. Ill let the wizardry of Deny and Herm figure out if we can fit in a meet and greet. even if we cant its a perfect place to socialize. Im going there in a few to get some pics I will share.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,555 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: short early trip report for Flok Icon

Bar pics would be good, but bar name and precise location would be better.