We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for input on accommodations May 2015

newfoundland canada
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Looking for input on accommodations May 2015

Starting to plan a girls week in May 2015. Starting research , looking at recommendations for accommodations for 6. Condo/apt preferred.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for input on accommodations May 2015

For something very "NewOrleanish", funky and typically economical, yet clean and well maintained, a combination of apartments at Gentry House. For more conventional and well located Condo type suites/apartments, Quarter House, Bluegreen Club La Pension, and Hotel de le Monnaie.

Be aware Jazz Fest takes place the first weekend in May; a great time but very high lodging cost. First half of May is during one of New Orleans two "high" seasons. Third weekend wii probably be Tulane commencement, making the second weekend (the 9th) probably the best for lodging rates.

Edited: 26 May 2014, 01:21
Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,411 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for input on accommodations May 2015

Apartments aren't available in NO, and condos are rare. Loopwhole gave you pretty much was is "legal" (as NO has a law against rentals of less than 30 days).

If you do need a hotel, the Place D'Armes hotel or the St Marie might be an option. The PDA has the best courtyard in the Quarter. You could reserve 2 or 3 rooms around the courtyard, which makes it easy to get together (we were a 3 room party last fall, and it worked out great!). Just make sure to mention you want to be together.

The St Marie (owned by the same people as the PDA) do have 2 rooms that share a balcony over the pool, rooms 221 and 222 and are both double rooms (please confirm this information with reservations as this is 3rd party information). This might be an option also.

The Inn on Bourbon and the Provincial also have rooms that have shared balcony's.

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for input on accommodations May 2015

My daughter is going to NOLA with 6 of her friends and they are staying at the Lamothe house on Esplanade. We were able to go up and see the room this past weekend and it is huge. There is a also a nice pool area to hang out in.

The rates were very reasonable.

Florida
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for input on accommodations May 2015

I have also stayed at Lamothe House. I really like it! Because it is on Esplanade, it is literally around the corner from Frenchmen Street for local jazz clubs and restaurants, and it is only a few blocks walk to the French Quarter action.

In a month or two I am going back, and I think I will try one of their sister properties, Inn on Ursulines. Check out their website for all properties and check their specials: http://www.frenchquarterguesthouses.com/

5. Re: Looking for input on accommodations May 2015

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2015, 05:16