We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

place d'armes room for 5 in June

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
HSV, AL
Level Contributor
184 posts
142 reviews
Save Topic
place d'armes room for 5 in June

made a reservation June 21 for 4 nights for 4 people. now a 5th wants to come but i don't want to change my accommodations because this place sounds like the place to stay for first timers. but the hotel is saying they have no rooms that accommodate 5. has anyone stayed here before where there were 5 of you to a room, maybe with a blow up mattress? the rooms look small as it is and right now i'm supposed to get a 2 dbl or queen courtyard room but won't know for sure till we get there. plus i'm thinking about changing my dates anyway but the rates seem better now than if i wait till say Sept or Oct. any advice about that? thanks.

Texas
Level Contributor
223 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: place d'armes room for 5 in June

I've stayed three times at the PDA and trust me, not one of those rooms would accommodate an air mattress or roll away bed. Most of the older boutique hotels have very small rooms, some only big enough for one queen or double bed. The PDA is a great location but it's not the be all/end all of hotels in the French Quarter. If you need accommodations for five, look for a hotel that fits your needs, rather than trying to cram too many into a small room.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: place d'armes room for 5 in June

LSM63 has it right, with 5 people you're now looking at 2 rooms at the PDA.

HSV, AL
Level Contributor
184 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: place d'armes room for 5 in June

got it. thanks.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: place d'armes room for 5 in June

We r a family of five and we stayed at PDA in a courtyard balcony room and we actually fit an air mattress in the room. My son (who is a not so small 17yr old) found it to be fine..not a single complaint. I'd imagine 5 people with a luggage each will be very tight...we had 2 large suitcases and a couple backpacks between us and were fine. I know having 5 people to a room is frowned upon, but we do it and would do it again...ok people don't freak out on me!

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: place d'armes room for 5 in June

We r a family of five and we stayed at PDA in a courtyard balcony room and we actually fit an air mattress in the room. My son (who is a not so small 17yr old) found it to be fine..not a single complaint. I'd imagine 5 people with a luggage each will be very tight...we had 2 large suitcases and a couple backpacks between us and were fine. I know having 5 people to a room is frowned upon, but we do it and would do it again...ok people don't freak out on me!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
23,572 posts
519 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: place d'armes room for 5 in June

Yeah also even with a 5th person that will add on to the price of the room. So either get a 6th person as well and have the 5th and 6th person room together or tell them there is no more room.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,991 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: place d'armes room for 5 in June

I say follow your moral compass and do the right thing. You'll have more fun in the end.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,615 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: place d'armes room for 5 in June

The Villa Convento could probably help! They are right down the street and around the corner from Place.

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
11,060 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: place d'armes room for 5 in June

From what I hear, Villa Convento has a 4th floor suite with one King bed and 3 twin beds, which overlooks the city (and makes for some spectacular sunrise/sunset photos....)

Edited: 29 May 2014, 01:15
Minnesota
Level Contributor
200 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: place d'armes room for 5 in June

Doesn't the 2 queen suite accommodate 5? We stayed in the suite last fall and it was HUGE. It had two queen beds and in a large bedroom and separate living area with a couch, chair, coffee table and a decent size kitchenette with a dining room table, counter with microwave, sink and small fridge. The room could have fit 3 air mattress's on size but I don't believe that's the right thing to do but I thought they legally let 5 stay in that room? Maybe I'm wrong? but it's worth calling and asking about if you want to stay at that hotel. It was room 222 for reference when calling.

Edited: 29 May 2014, 03:11