We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending my 21st in New Orleans!!!

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
2 posts
Save Topic
Spending my 21st in New Orleans!!!

I am beyond excited to not only be turning 21 but to also be able to plan a trip to New Orleans to celebrate it.

I would be sharing a room with my friends and my family would have their own rooms. I need to find the best hotels for the best prices! We would be out exploring, eating, and of course drinking for most of the time. I would still like to find a hotel where the whole family can stay at, not be too expensive, close to Bourbon Street(within walking distance), and cleanliness is a big deal. Basically I want the best deal for my dollar... Don't we all!

Any information on fun activities to do during the day, along with great places to eat, shop, and enjoy all that New Orleans has to offer!!

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
7,584 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending my 21st in New Orleans!!!

What are your dates? That can make a huge difference in cost.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending my 21st in New Orleans!!!

September 25-28, 2014

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spending my 21st in New Orleans!!!

I would suggest the Place D'Armes Hotel. It has the best location, and the prettiest courtyard which is a perfect place to meet up and have that oh so exciting drink!

The St Marie and Prince Conti are also popular choices. Also try the Chateau Hotel at the corner of St Philip and Chartres St. Just an extra couple of minutes walk to Bourbon, pretty hotel with a pretty courtyard, and has good pricing.

Texas
Level Contributor
223 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spending my 21st in New Orleans!!!

You should absolutely positively stay in the French Quarter - don't let anyone talk you out of it! And people will try. They'll tell you it's too expensive, not safe, too noisy, too touristy, blah blah blah. Don't listen to them! It is right where you want to be. As for which hotel, that depends on your budget and what amenities you require.

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
11,060 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spending my 21st in New Orleans!!!

you said "friends"...depending on how many, I'd recommend the King Suite at the Villa Convento. It has a King Bed (for the birthday girl!) and 2 twin beds, or the King Loft, which has a King bed and THREE twin beds! They also have balcony rooms for the parents. The prices are great, the staff is fantastic, the owner is a doll...it's about a 4 minute walk from Bourbon and located in (imho) the BEST section of the Quarter! Have a HAPPY, HAPPY birthday!!!

patobriens.com/patobriens/…birthday_club.asp

Edited: 05 June 2014, 19:14
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spending my 21st in New Orleans!!!

Ehm... not exactly.

There are two suites, one (401) has only a King bed, the other (400) a king and a single.

There are two Loft rooms, one has a King and two Twins (306), the other a King and three twins (305).

The suites have a balcony and a half each and are on the 4th floor, in the main building. The lofts don't have balconies and are on the 3rd floor, in the courtyard.

I know, confusing. :)

Edited: 05 June 2014, 19:24
Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
11,060 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spending my 21st in New Orleans!!!

but I was close!!! I'll know better after October!!! :)

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,043 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spending my 21st in New Orleans!!!

There is a rather large Water Environment Federation conference/convention Sept. 26-Oct. 2, which is probably driving rates up a bit. After just GLANCING at Kayak.com, in addition to the other reconmendations I'd check out Prince Conti, Hotel St. Marie, Crowne Plaza, and Best Western St. Christopher. If you are using a third party booking service, be sure to also check directly with the hotel's website (or call the hotel directly); SOMETIMES the best rates are available by booking directly with the hotel. Although not quite as conveniently located as the others, La Quinta Inn and Suites Downtown sometimes offers good value (Sams Club and other discounts), and Country Inn and Suites has suite accommodations which can well suit larger groups.

9. Re: Spending my 21st in New Orleans!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2015, 06:17