We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the parking like around St Peter St. & Burgundy?

Florida
Level Contributor
11 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
What's the parking like around St Peter St. & Burgundy?

We're thinking of staying at the Inn on St. Peter during the middle of July. My only reservation is what kind of parking situation we'll confront. It looks like I'll have to deal with on-street parking. If so, do I have to feed the meter all day? After checking a couple of parking websites it seems like the closest parking garage is at 210 N Rampart St. (a 7 minute trip on foot). Should I be concerned about walking through that neighborhood?

Thanks in advance for your help.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
543 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the parking like around St Peter St. & Burgundy?

I would call the Inn and ask them. They should have parking suggestions or they may valet-park their guests (most hotels do this) but it does cost a lot. Don't count on getting on on-street parking. It basically doesn't exist in that area. There may be some spots but yes, there would be a meter you would have to feed. Also, trying to figure out the parking signs in the FQ and surrounding area would be almost impossible. If you park where you are not suppose to, you will be towed or get a ticket almost immediately.

There are probably more options for parking other than on N. Rampart. Again, the Inn should be able to give you options.

Edited: 10 June 2014, 01:52
Florida
Level Contributor
11 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the parking like around St Peter St. & Burgundy?

Thanks for the info & suggestions, WhiteKnights12. I did find a parking lot at Toulouse St -- between Bourbon and Dauphine. Should I be concerned about walking through that neighborhood?

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
12,113 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the parking like around St Peter St. & Burgundy?

No particular concern about walking in any of the areas you have described in this thread during daylight; not much concern before 10-11 PM. Having a hard time picturing a parking lot on Toulouse St between Bourbon St and Dauphine St, but that particular area is relatively safe most any time.

Florida
Level Contributor
11 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's the parking like around St Peter St. & Burgundy?

Thanks for the info, Loopwhole. FYI: That lot is located at The Inn on Bourbon at 828 Toulouse St.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
12,113 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's the parking like around St Peter St. & Burgundy?

Didn't know the Inn on Bourbon (now Sheraton Four Points) lot was open to the public, but the location is just fine.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
697 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's the parking like around St Peter St. & Burgundy?

There is essentially no street parking anywhere in the French Quarter. You should find a parking garage or lot somewhere nearby though, without too much trouble. Dont know your itinerary or if you're taking the car for day trips but if you need to make sure your lot or garage has "in-out privileges" - meaning they charge you a rate per day and allow you to come and go as you please. Some places charge by the hour or day AND start a new set of charges if you come and go.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
697 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What's the parking like around St Peter St. & Burgundy?

TD, sorry I didnt see before that you posted that specific parking garage at 210 N. Rampart - we parked there last February and its very close and we had no problems. Its also one of the cheaper places (was $18 a day) and has in-out privileges.

Mitchell, South...
Level Contributor
3,131 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What's the parking like around St Peter St. & Burgundy?

As Loopwhole mentioned there is no more Inn on Bourbon so I would recheck your info and call the Sheraton Four Points to make re: non hotel guest parking.

9. Re: What's the parking like around St Peter St. & Burgundy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2015, 05:17