We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Affordable restaurant with a view - Honeymoon

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
752 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Affordable restaurant with a view - Honeymoon

Hi,

We are spending a couple of night in NO, staying centrally.

My partner is a vegetarian, and I eat anything apart from Japenese.

Our total budget would probably be $100 which would need to cover a main dish each, a dessert each and a couple of soft drinks plus tips. We are quite casual diners, so it doesn't necessarily need to be a posh restaurant - just nice food.

We would like a nice view - either of the city skyline or the river (any other suggestons also welcome)

Preferably outdoor / patio / garden / rooftop dining.

Personallly I would like to sample some of the local creole cuisine.

Any suggestions please? We won't have a car, so it would need to be quite central to the main tourise areas.

Thanks.

Mitchell, South...
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Affordable restaurant with a view - Honeymoon

Galvez Restaurant, 914 N. Peters St, New Orleans www.galvezrestaurant.com. Another Cafe Amelie on Royal St. Another Feelings Cafe in the Marigny.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,469 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Affordable restaurant with a view - Honeymoon

Galvez is the only restaurant I know of with a good view of the river, but it is not Creole, but rather Spanish. The French Quarter is mainly low rise and the levee blocks the river view. Likewise, the city is flat so the best skyline views are from the ferry on the river. I'd suggest trying someplace like NOLA. They should be able to accomodate the vegetarian, and give you a decent taste of New Orleans food. Or as suggested, Cafe Amelie, nice courtyard seating. New Orleans Grapevine has a courtyard too, as does Sylvain. I'd check the menus and see what appeals.

3. Re: Affordable restaurant with a view - Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2015, 06:17