We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant line-up for 5 night stay

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Midlothian, Virginia
12 posts
Save Topic
restaurant line-up for 5 night stay

We will be in NOLA for five nights. At this point, I have Friday night booked at GW Fins, Sunday brunch at Muriel's, and Monday night at Commander's Palace. I'd like to book something for Saturday night. Any suggestions? We'll almost certainly want to hit a jazz club that evening, so it can either be a a club with very good food or simply a good restaurant. I would like something with excellent food and an ambience with character... but not necessarily uber posh like CP.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,482 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurant line-up for 5 night stay

Three Muses on Frenchmen street has tasty small plates and good music.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurant line-up for 5 night stay

Mr B's has good food, good ambiance, but you don't have to dress up to go (at least for lunch). My family and I went last fall for lunch, dressed in shorts and t's, and weren't made to feel out of place (might have to be a bit more dressy than casual for supper). The menu served at lunch was pretty much the same one as for supper, but less expensive. My family enjoyed it so much, they choose it as their "last meal" before leaving for home. They also have 1.50$ martinis and bloody Mary's at lunch, which can never be a bad thing.

Midlothian, Virginia
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurant line-up for 5 night stay

Thanks for that suggestion! That was on my short list, so we'll have to try it!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
24,374 posts
523 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurant line-up for 5 night stay

I recommend the Praline Connection on Frenchmen Street

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurant line-up for 5 night stay

What's more important, the food or the music? Use www.offbeat.com/new-orleans-concert-listings/ to search who's playing by date (your's might not be available yet) or venue. Snug Harbor is an excellent jazz venue, but while they serve food at the club, I've only seen drinks being served in the show area. The Carousel Lounge in the Hotel Monteleone, Palm Court Jazz Cafe(haven't gone myself, but I've heard good things; although it seems like more of an older crowd) , Irvin Mayfield's Playhouse at the Royal Sonesta and the Little Gem Saloon are some good jazz/food possibilities. If weather permits, I'd also suggest a visit to Bacchanal for music in an outdoor setting. This would require a cab.

Another restaurant you might wanna check out is Vacherie. If they don't fit your schedule for dinner, try them for breakfast. Service at dinner was a little slow, but the food was really good.

I myself would not recommend Praline Connection. Not horrible, just not in my top 100 places to eat in New Orleans list.

6. Re: restaurant line-up for 5 night stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2015, 05:17