We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 weeks from today

Skiatook, OK
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Topic
10 weeks from today

AHHH.....finalizing things for our trip in just 10 short weeks. One year ago, I was so concerned of how my new boyfriend would like my favorite city. Needless to say that only a few hours in the Quarter, he was talking about "when we come next year". I am hoping for things to go well for the next few weeks BECAUSE if they go as we want them too, not only will it be our vacation, it will include our wedding and honeymoon. He suggested it a few months back and at first I thought "There's no way!!!" but the more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea. What better way to start our lives together than in the place we both love best. Something small and informal but memorable.

So now, I start trolling on TA for new ideas and new places to try. Can't wait!!!

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,790 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 weeks from today

I was so privileged and honored to marry my lovely wife in the the courtyard of the St. Louis Hotel (now Hotel Mazarin) during October 2006, a little over a year after Katrina. During our first "road trip" date some 18 months earlier, I was so hoping she'd "get it"; she did.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
689 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 weeks from today

OMG congratulations and good luck! That should be some trip report!

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 weeks from today

Unless you have your plans made already, do a search on the forum for "weddings". There's been a lot of questions over the years.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,128 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 weeks from today

Congratulations to you both! Take Loop's advice since he actually DID it! (and Loop, OF COURSE DW "got it"....you've got a GREAT lady there! Can't wait to see you BOTH again!!!!)

Skiatook, OK
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 10 weeks from today

We have a basic plan already in place. We have scheduled an appointment with a judge at the courthouse for Friday afternoon. We are driving in this year, so our first stop will be to get our marriage license and double-check the arrangements for the following day. On Friday, we'll take the ferry to Algiers (first time for both us) and become husband and wife. It is an exciting time and if for some reason we can't get it done, oh well. We still have the rest of our lives together and we still have the rest of the weekend in New Orleans. :)

London, Canada
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 10 weeks from today

Congrats!!!! What a beautiful choice you have made.

7. Re: 10 weeks from today

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 01:17