We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need hotel help

Texas
Level Contributor
320 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Need hotel help

We are going to a wedding in March 2015 and it was suggested to stay at the Hampton Inn on St. Charles, which is across the street from the Columns, where the reception will be. I was surprised to find the rates so high ($258 a night) for a Hampton Inn. I found a Marriott Courtyard on Julia St for a lot less and according to the map, it's only 12 mins away. Is this close to St. Charles street? Is the area safe to stay in? I would greatly accept any suggestions on other hotels that are under $200 a night. I'd like to stay not to far from St. Charles. Thank you for your help.

Ipswich...
Level Contributor
597 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need hotel help

Julia Street is fine but if you want to be closer I'd try The Prytania Park Hotel or The St Charles Inn (Best Western).

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,690 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need hotel help

Without knowing your specific dates of arrival and departure, we cannot address rates; New Orleans lodging rates vary dramatically depending on the demand for lodging on the respective dates. Many hotels require a minimum 2 or 3 night stay if the booking includes a Saturday night.

If staying longer than the times consumed with wedding activities, I would want lodging somewhere between the wedding activities and the French Quarter, in this case maybe close to the intersection of St Charles Ave and Poydras St.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,690 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need hotel help

The Marriott Courtyard on Julia is 2.4 miles from the Columns. New Orleans is such a pedestrian and public transportation oriented City for visitors, I didn't think in terms of your driving, I was thinking in terms of your walking or taking the St Charles streetcar.

4. Re: Need hotel help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 02:16