We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Party of 18 for 50th birthday

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
698 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Party of 18 for 50th birthday

I was thinking Jacques Imos but was told my party might be too large. We want a fun place, definitely more on the casual funky side. Not too fancy nor too expensive.

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,142 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Party of 18 for 50th birthday

Who told you your party was too large? The website says: • Reservations are required for parties of five or more and are taken up to 30 days in advance.

jck
Baltimore
Level Contributor
256 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Party of 18 for 50th birthday

I have 2 good ideas for you ...... call Ye College Inn on S Carrollton in Mid-City....It is a casual place with good inexpensive farm to table menu and ask them about their upstairs room. It is an open balcony that was hosting a party of your size when I was there a couple of weeks ago. This is a locals place to eat and the people are more than friendly there. The best part is that it is next door to the Rock N Bowl where you can go dance the night away on the biggest/best dance floor in town that hosts the best music the city has to offer. If you have never been there before, you MUST go. I am 55 and would like to spend every one of my remaining birthdays there. Great bands, great people and you will be the median age there. Secondly, you could opt to have entire party at Rock N Bowl ...make reservations for lanes (yes, they bowl while the band plays) asap and they can also cater the food & drink for your party. I was there last on a Thursday Zydeco Night and there was an engagement party as well as another birthday party going on like that....everyone was having a great time. Mu understanding is that they have pretty good food there but cannot first hand confirm.

Greenwood, Louisiana
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Party of 18 for 50th birthday

I second the Rock-N-Bowl suggestion. I spent my 60th birthday there last October. The food was great, and they just kept bringing it out. For a minimal fee (seems like it was $20pp), we had an open bar and all the food we could eat for 2 hours. As well as 3 games of bowling. Then the band takes the stage, and we had to buy our drinks the rest of the night. Only problem is they book up really fast, so call them soon if you want to book.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Party of 18 for 50th birthday

I love the Ye Olde College Inn/Rock & Bowl suggestion. Redfish Grill is also very good at accomodating a large group.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
45,090 posts
1,412 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Party of 18 for 50th birthday

I would check with G W Fins. We have hosted up to 15, but think their private room can hold a bit more. http://gwfins.com/

We have always found the food and service to be great, and of a good value.

Happy birthday,

Hunt

6. Re: Party of 18 for 50th birthday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 03:15