We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coolinary New Orleans Line-Up

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
257 posts
Save Topic
Coolinary New Orleans Line-Up

Hello everyone! I just discovered Coolinary New Orleans will be taking place when we're visiting next month. The restaurants (and most menus) posted recently: www.coolinaryneworleans.com/restaurants/. Has anyone out there taken advantage of these lunch and/or dinner menus? Do you have any recommendations of which restaurants typically provide the best "bang for your buck" compared to their regular menus? We are hopeful we will be able to take advantage of a couple of these special dinner menus, particularly at restaurants we might typically be over budget for us.

A couple that caught my eye are Court of Two Sisters, Pelican Club, Desire Bistro & Oyster Bar, and Vacherie. And, GW Fins, Cochet, and K-Paul's are also of interest, but have not posted menus yet. Although this is our 5th trip to our favorite city, we have not been to ANY of these restaurants!

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
288 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coolinary New Orleans Line-Up

This works out perfectly for our trip next month. Both of the nicer restaurants I reserved (K-Paul's and Mr. B's) are participating.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
37,556 posts
953 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coolinary New Orleans Line-Up

I would look more at the restaurants, then study their menus, rather than look at things from a purely monetary standpoint.

Where would you like to dine?

Are they on the list?

What do their menus look like to you?

Good luck,

Hunt

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,582 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coolinary New Orleans Line-Up

Pelican Club has been a traditional favorite as well as Mr. B's and Muriel's.

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
257 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Coolinary New Orleans Line-Up

Thank you, Cajun and Hunt. Appreciate the perspective and recommendations!

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
257 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Coolinary New Orleans Line-Up

Thank you, Cajun and Hunt. Appreciate the perspective and recommendations!

Rome, New York
Level Contributor
89 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coolinary New Orleans Line-Up

The Pelican Club has a wonderful Coolinary menu... I have a couple questions:

1.) Do they have a dress code? If so what is their policy?

2.) Do they have a kids menu?

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,582 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coolinary New Orleans Line-Up

Tora..check out the children's menu on the Pelican Club website and they don't state or enforce a dress code but I would not wear shorts and flip flops there. You will see collared shirts or nice pullovers, sundresses, and also some with jackets and ties.

8. Re: Coolinary New Orleans Line-Up

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2015, 05:16