We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for hotel deals

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ALABAMA
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Topic
Looking for hotel deals

Coming to NO October 10-12. I know its a popular month to visit and the prices of hotels go waayy up. My question is does anyone know of when or if any of website that usually post deals on hotels in October?? I check out all the websites like expedia, hotels.com, book-it, priceline, and hotwire. Just trying to figure out how long should I wait for the right deal to come my way. Looking to stay downtown and french quarter areas. Thanks for any input!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,615 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for hotel deals

Hey RollTide! Check the Villa Convento Hotel. GREAT prices and staff to match. Not a fancy schmatzy place but very comfortable and it is well loved on this forum! We will be staying there from October 12-20! I am so looking forward to staying there! Lower end of the Quarter in a more residential area. It is going to be a blast!

And of course...ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!! :)

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for hotel deals

If it were me, I'd reserve a room now to have one 'in the pocket', then continue to shop around and see if anything changes in the meantime. I now always book directly with the hotel, which I have found gives just as good a price, and is much better for changes, cancellations, service, room locations etc.

I'm not a fan of expedia, hotels.com, book-it, priceline, or hotwire. I like knowing what type of room I'm getting ahead of time, and don't like to settle for a sub-par room that I have experienced with the 'booking services'.

Of course, if I were 25 again, and that was not a factor for me, as it is now. I'd look at all of 'em. Once you do with those services, as you know, you are 'locked in'. My main reason for booking directly with the hotels.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
23,790 posts
519 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for hotel deals

What is your budget like? I checked some of the hotels and they are ridiculously high.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,058 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for hotel deals

With the American Society Of Anesthesiologists, a very large medical conference/convention, meeting Oct 10 - Oct 14, and with mid October being during one of New Orleans' two high seasons, I wouldn't expect much of a "deal". IF hotels have under booked, you MIGHT see some lower rates showing up on the "blind" sites (no disclosure of particular hotel identity until after booking) between 3 and 30 days in advance of stay. The hotels do not typically lower regularly published rates because those who booked at a higher rate may expect to be given the lower rate, or if allowable without penalty, folks will just book the new rate and cancel the old.

5. Re: Looking for hotel deals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2014, 12:13
ALABAMA
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for hotel deals

Thanks guys. I went to NO last year on Halloween weekend using expedia and stayed at a decent hotel for $170/night. So my budget would be anything less than $200 ( with parking if possible). Thanks for the advice!!

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,574 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for hotel deals

Roll tide...conventions and a weekend make the pricing high but not to be contrary but I would not stay at the Pontchartrain as its not in the seventies for popularity for nothing..see reviews and besides you wouldn't want to be way out in the 2000 block of St. Charles anyway. Keep checking back if you find some in your rang ..check reviews and then open it up here in the forum

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for hotel deals

" but I would not stay at the Pontchartrain as its not in the seventies for popularity for nothing..see reviews and besides you wouldn't want to be way out in the 2000 block of St. Charles anyway."

Not to mention I would not trust a recommendation from someone who has only 3 posts, all advertising the same hotel. I've reported all three, as it's obviously a spammer.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,574 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for hotel deals

Rodent..my opinion also but was trying to say it differently...you are right.

ALABAMA
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for hotel deals

I looked up that hotel and its only avail for 4/night min