We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Pat O'brians?

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
La Pine, Oregon
Level Contributor
428 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Which Pat O'brians?

I just noticed there are three Pat's in NOLA....which one do you all go too?

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Pat O'brians?

No, there's only 1 Pat O'Brien's in Nola. There's a bar only type of place of Bourbon that you can still get to "the" Pat O's which is officially off St Peter street. And they also have a spot in the Jackson Brewery place which opened in the past couple of years for food, and private parties. But it's all the same place: same food, same drinks. You want the best atmosphere and entertainement? Go to the dueling piano bar and the courtyard at the "official" Pat O'Brien's on ST Peter street.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,582 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Pat O'brians?

St peter st initially leads to small bar on left and piano bar on right..keep going and you get to the patio and fountain..if you take a sharp right you go into the restaurant section that fronts on Bourbon st. The Pat's at Jax Bldg. Is for private events.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,615 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Pat O'brians?

The Pat's off St Peter! That is where the court yard and flaming fountain are. Have never been to the other place by the river!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
24,529 posts
523 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Pat O'brians?

Courtyard Restaurant 624 Bourbon St Bar 718 St Peter St, New Orleans, LA 70116 (French Quarter)

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
11,060 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Pat O'brians?

Pat O'Brien's has two entrances, one off Bourbon (which goes thru the restaurant to get to the courtyard) and one off St. Peter, which leads down a passageway to get to the courtyard (with, as Cajun said, has an enclosed bar to the left and the piano bar to the right). And as porelly said, there's only ONE Pat O's and this is it!!!!!

P.S. It's O'Brien's with an "e" and not an "a"...he's Irish, not English!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Pat O'brians?

There o need in Orlando but well I don't need to say it.

La Pine, Oregon
Level Contributor
428 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Pat O'brians?

huh??? rofl! Guess I learned something today.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Pat O'brians?

Yes there is a Pat Obriens at Universal studios in an area called city walk. It's very well done but of course it's not the same. Too shiny and new. If I'm there I always go in there however.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,615 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Pat O'brians?

There's a Pat's in San Antonio too...but NOTHING like the Pat's in New Orleans!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Which Pat O'brians?

I think there used to be one in Cancun but if I'm not mistaken that one closed down.