We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Never on a Wednesday

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
261 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Never on a Wednesday

My husband and I have been going to New Orleans 3-4 times a year but have never been on a Wednesday. Are there any shows/bands that play on Wednesday evenings that we shouldn't miss?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
28,573 posts
537 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Never on a Wednesday

You can go to Frenchmen Street, usually stuff over there.

Ipswich...
Level Contributor
597 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Never on a Wednesday

If you are going in the Spring. Wednesdays at the Square starts in March.

http://wednesdayatthesquare.com/

Edited: 03 August 2014, 12:31
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Never on a Wednesday

You didn't mention what kind of music you liked. Two things that come to my mind would be Treme Brass Band at Candlelight Lounge and TBC Brass Band with Action Jackson at Celebrations Hall on St. Bernard.

Mitchell, South...
Level Contributor
2,987 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Never on a Wednesday

Balcony Music Club, BMC, has three bands every nite. Corner of Decatur and Esplanade Sts, lower Quarter, just before you cross over to Frenchmen St and the Marigny.

Shreveport...
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Never on a Wednesday

We usually fly in on a Wednesday.Chickie Wah Wah (2828 Canal) generally has Meschiya Lake.I did notice the August schedule is a little different,but she is back at the end of the month and through September /October I if my memory holds true.She is pretty great .Small cover ,10 bucks or less.Nice cozy club with a good popup for food that changes regularly.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
261 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Never on a Wednesday

We like all kinds of music. But when in Nola prefer local music. Brass bands, zydeco etc. We've seen treme brass band at the bayou boogaloo when uncle Lionel was still alive and loved them listen to their music at home when we need our Nola fix. Thanks for the info. I'll check out BMC too. We are coming in august 20.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
261 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Never on a Wednesday

Also will check out chickie wah wah. Thanks.

Williamsburg, VA
Level Contributor
103 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Never on a Wednesday

If you are coming in July or August, Google "Wednesdays on the Point." Free concerts at the ferry landing at Algiers Point, 5:30 - 8;30 PM Wednesdays. Catch the ferry at the foot of Canal Street (near the Aquarium), fare is $2.00 per person each way, exact change), and ride across the river. Music, food, and arts and crafts. August 6 show features Little Freddie King and Guitar Lightnin Lee, classic blues. Great location, and good food and drink at local bars nearby after the show. Or get back on the ferry and continue the party in the FQ. Hope to see you there,

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
2,325 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Never on a Wednesday

I thought the Candlelight Lounge was lots of fun, but I haven't been to Celebrations Hall (new one on me) or Chickie Wah Wah. If you wanted to do all three, Candlelight Lounge would make a nice midpoint.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
261 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Never on a Wednesday

Wednesdays at the point sounds like our style. We went over for a festival in Algiers in October last year and had a fantastic time. Thanks for the info.