We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Possible Babymoon in NOLA

Baltimore
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Possible Babymoon in NOLA

My wife and I expecting our second child in March 2015 and are considering taking a babymoon to the Big Easy. We were recently there for Carnival this past year for the last weekend before Fat Tuesday and absolutely loved the city, people and atmosphere!

I have looked online and the only place that I have really found that does any type of catering to pregnant women in a way of packages is Avenue Inn Bed and Breakfast for their "Full Baby Moon". The package overall seems like a fantastic deal, but I wanted to see if there is anything else like this out there. The Avenue Inn Bed and Breakfast includes a three-night stay, streetcar passes for unlimited rides, candlelight dinner at Upperline Restaurant, a prenatal massage at a local day spa and a belly cast, from Baby Bump on Magazine Street.

Thinking of coming in November on a Thursday to Sunday trip with the possibility of catching a Saints game before flying home.

Look forward to any other places that offer any type of packages along those lines and also interested in hearing from people who have activities that a pregnant couple would enjoy, alcohol or non-alcohol related.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
204 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Possible Babymoon in NOLA

NOLA does not seem like a "Babymoon" place....maybe an island vacation would be a better choice for relaxation....actaully NOLA sounds like the worst place for a pregnant women to go on vacation. Sorry so negative, but there are so many other great options :)

Baltimore
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Possible Babymoon in NOLA

Thanks AMVM99 we have been to our fair share of resorts in Rivera Maya, Cancun, Jamaica to the beaches in Santorini and Crete. We both love NOLA and is the only place we dream about going back to in the states.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
204 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Possible Babymoon in NOLA

I totally agree with you! NOLA is our favorite place as well, I would just think it may be torturous for a pregnant girl to not be able to indulge!! that's all....and a bit of walking is also to be expected of course so just something to factor in!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
454 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Possible Babymoon in NOLA

I'm sorry that I can't add anything constructive at all. I just had to say CONGRATS!!!

Cheers!

Ipswich...
Level Contributor
597 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Possible Babymoon in NOLA

I think that Babymoon package sounds awesome!

Ipswich...
Level Contributor
597 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Possible Babymoon in NOLA

And, the Upperline is awesome!

7. Re: Possible Babymoon in NOLA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2015, 06:16