We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I want just a half of Po-Boy!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
25 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
I want just a half of Po-Boy!

Hello again nice people! I was thinking about what to eat there when I visit in Sep. Came across a lot of problem since I normally eat "Plant based" food. Well I have to make an arrangements on that to best enjoy my visit, but I know for sure my poor tummy will have trouble so I need to go easy on this. I found that Jonny's PoBoy serves 1/2 po-boy combo thing. Does anyone know who else serves this kind of set menu? Also what are some good local drinks for non-usual-drinker? I can handle alcohol but bad for my system...

Thank you for helping me out!

San Antonio
Level Contributor
270 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I want just a half of Po-Boy!

When I read your title, I thought, "Johnny's!" Daisy Dukes has them as well, though I've never eaten one there. I am pretty sure Verti Marte has them as well.

Drinks are almost universally strong in New Orleans so I'm not sure how that will do with your digestion. I would probably avoid hurricanes as they are wicked strong. Same for hand grenades. The margaritas at El Gato Negro are to die for- my favorite drink in NO. Bloody Marys are usually good, too, and served with pickled green beans which are addicting. Gin Fizzes are good, too. If you like beer, many varieties of Abita can be found. The seasonal ones are especially fun to try.

Edited: 13 August 2014, 09:50
Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,112 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I want just a half of Po-Boy!

like pink, the margarita at EGN is my FAVE drink in NOLA (followed CLOSLEY by the hurricane, but I agree that may be too strong for you, whereas EGN's margaritas are mild, unless you request a second shot of tequila...which I've been known to do!)

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I want just a half of Po-Boy!

Nearly every corner grocery with a deli (there are several in the FQ) sells po-boys as either a half or whole. It's not a restaurant and you'll need to take the food elsewhere to eat, but sometimes a po-boy picnic is quite nice!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
25 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I want just a half of Po-Boy!

I've checked a lot of restaurants but Daisy Duke is a new name for me. I'd better check that out! And they've got "carrott margarita" in El Gato Negro! Is that your fav? Or is it the" pineapple cilantro" one? Either way sounds really good! Thanks, pinktink and Hermicane!

And JJNOLA, is there a deli in Rouses on Royal st. that serves po-boy? Picnic sounds really good and I like to just get the sammy and go on eating while I'm walking anyways.... I'm that easy. Thanks for your input!

I

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
40,479 posts
1,227 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I want just a half of Po-Boy!

As stated, many (most?) Po-boy (Poor-boy) outlets will offer a "Half Loaf," for most, if not all of their sandwiches.

Good luck,

Hunt

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,112 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I want just a half of Po-Boy!

newcookie, even the half sandwiches are large (esp. if it's a muffaletta) but well worth the effort! :) My FAVE margarita at EGN is the "House" margarita...just beautiful amounts of fresh squeezed OJ, lime, and tequila....(licking lips as I type!!!!)

San Diego...
Level Contributor
25 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I want just a half of Po-Boy!

Thanks Hunt and Hermicane. I have really wicked digestive system and I just don't have to waste food! OK, if it's so big my tummy could not handle it, I can eat it later, right? Sure it wouldn't taste as good but better than throwing precious food away! Yes, I will put my effort into it, Hermicane. And I must tell you, I'm going to get that margarita at EGN for sure!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
40,479 posts
1,227 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I want just a half of Po-Boy!

NewCookie,

You are most welcome.

We also hate to waste food, and are fond of splitting various dishes.

Enjoy!

Hunt

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
26,839 posts
538 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I want just a half of Po-Boy!

Just go to Johnny's

10. Re: I want just a half of Po-Boy!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2015, 05:18