We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

15 NOLA's most unique dishes

Which New Orleans hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
15 NOLA's most unique dishes

I've only had three of these, the bacon sundae at Green Goddess, the Krispy Kreme bread pudding at Boucherie and the Cohiba smoked scallops at Root. Loved all three. My husband had The Legend at Katie's and hated it (main reason why we have have not been back, cause I liked what I had). But boy does this duck at Kingfish look good!!! (the spicy tuna po-boy looks good as well, but it's in Harahan, so might as well not exist)

wwltv.com/news/…

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
11,060 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 15 NOLA's most unique dishes

a fried peanut butter and jelly sandwich sprinkled with powdered sugar...I could go for that! :)

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
493 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 15 NOLA's most unique dishes

Now my food/dish wish list is even longer. I LOVE to eat, but I just don't know how I'm going to fit (literally) all the things I want into the few days I have. Sigh...

Rodent, thanks for the fun link/list. I've been reading a lot of your posts the past few days and enjoy what you have to say. You're informative and often funny. Thanks for the help and laughs that make this TA Travel Forum more enjoyable to read.

There are some really passionate locals and frequent travelers (lots of Canadians like the very nice Hermicane) that I wish I could have a drink with when I'm in town :-)

Bossier City, LA
Level Contributor
2,868 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 15 NOLA's most unique dishes

I would like to try the duck dishat the Kingfish.

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
11,060 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 15 NOLA's most unique dishes

aaaahhhhh, thanks, Dolphin! Wish we could have that drink too! But Rodent is also Flok...so drinking with her would be like drinking with me! She is as fun and humorous as she sounds! Please "trap" her for a drink when you're there!

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
493 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 15 NOLA's most unique dishes

Hermicane, I'm PMing with Rodent, and I just sent you a PM, too. :-)

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 15 NOLA's most unique dishes

The T-word!!! :-o

Herm, you are too sweet, in spite of that T-word. Thank you so much.

And yes, arrangements are being made. :)

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
11,060 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 15 NOLA's most unique dishes

well you KNOW our "traps" are harmless, Rodent! Just enough for food and drinks and then we let you go again! :) Got your PM too Dolphin!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
439 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 15 NOLA's most unique dishes

I would have thought that nutria stuffed mirlitons would have been on that list someplace. Odd.

Cheers!

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
11,060 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 15 NOLA's most unique dishes

LOL, Dave! Only you!!!!

Michigan USA
Level Contributor
746 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 15 NOLA's most unique dishes

Oh my! I made the mistake of looking at this first thing this morning. Now I'm drooling!!!

The next 32 days can't go by quick enough!!

Thanks Rodent!