We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just booked thanks to a great Southwest sale!

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
793 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Just booked thanks to a great Southwest sale!

It's been nearly a year (last Oct) since our last visit and I've been jonesing to return. Well Southwest just announced a sale and we were able to nab $63 per person each way non stop from Austin, which is a GREAT deal. Total cost for 2, non stop both ways, was $260'ish. We paid with SW points so our out of pocket cost was $22.

Wish it was during the Flok time, but those rates were only available in early Dec, so we are going then.

Now, the hotel search begins!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
676 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just booked thanks to a great Southwest sale!

That's awesome! We pretty much only fly Southwest anymore. Unfortunately we have the odd problem now of more than enough points for a couple free trips but no time off of work. :(

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
11,685 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just booked thanks to a great Southwest sale!

The non-stop from Austin to MSY is relatively new. We will probably be trying it sometime next year. Because our home is the same distance from Houston Hobby and Austin-Bergstrom, and since Bergstrom is on our home's side of Austin, it will be less hassle. Luv Southwest.

Have a great trip!

Edited: 27 August 2014, 21:44
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
41,384 posts
1,251 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just booked thanks to a great Southwest sale!

THAT is significant!

We are on SWA's "Specials List," but either missed this installment, or perhaps PHX was not included in their departures? Need to check this out a bit, though we probably have enough "points" to do PHX - MSY anyway.

Thanks for the H/U and travel safely,

Hunt

Lockport, IL
Level Contributor
1,127 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just booked thanks to a great Southwest sale!

I thought your screen name looked familiar, then I clicked on it and saw you are also a Key West visitor! Good to see someone who loves both places like we do!

Those are great prices! Enjoy! We went the first time in March and we are hoping to get back late winter/early Spring again.

Schulenburg, Texas
Level Contributor
1,839 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just booked thanks to a great Southwest sale!

Thanks for the heads up, Sue! And congrats on such a score......have a wonderful trip! We are closer to Austin-Bergstrom than Houston Hobby ( especially the route we travel ...." as the crow flies"). Like Loopwhole, we will be checking out this opportunity next year. Your December trip may enable you to see New Orleans dressed for the holidays... How special!

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
26,719 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just booked thanks to a great Southwest sale!

Good for you enjoy NOLA.

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
2,325 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just booked thanks to a great Southwest sale!

How I miss the nonstop flights from Birmingham, AL to New Orleans, miss the time saved and miss the cost of the tickets. Maybe someday Southwest will bring them back. Congrats on that deal, suekel!

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
11,122 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just booked thanks to a great Southwest sale!

way to go suekel! I also wish it was during Flok time, but at least you got a GREAT deal! Round trip for ONE from Toronto is around $835....sigh....

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
793 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just booked thanks to a great Southwest sale!

Holy moly, $835?? That is crazy!

I was so psyched when they added the non stop from Austin, this will be our first time taking it. Last October we flew in to meet up with some family, and the layover in Houston was a pain.

Tearbearchickie, LOVE Key West. In fact my parents live there, although they will probably be moving soon. I also frequent the Vegas TA boards. Can you sense a common theme in my 3 favorite places to visit?

Florida
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just booked thanks to a great Southwest sale!

Hey Herm...this may get you to N.O. more often if you can do it..Drive to Detroit..take Spirit Airlines Direct non stop from there to New Orleans. Right now in November the fare is $62 each way, non stop on numerous days. I checked that month at random, so other months may be applicable too. Luggage is charged for, so keep that in mind. Prices are on their web site.